• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season thread, 2015/16 Edition

LeafGm

As far as I can see, we don't have a catch-all thread yet for this season, so I figured I may as well start one up for the biggest news in Toronto sports this morning.

Which is....drumroll....Mark Arcobello is on waivers.

So, I guess we'll see if he gets to play for his 6th different NHL team in the past 12 months. That would have to be approaching some kind of record, no?

@SportChek Player Alert: Leafs sign Rich Clune to an NHL contract. He will join the team today for practice. #TMLtalk

Babcock wasn't joking around when he said that if you don't compete, you won't be here.

Just exactly what we need. And let's face it, this team, in it's current state, is a really low bar to set. If these players can't compete in this environment, they can't play anywhere.

makes it look like they're doing something I guess. 1 win on the season and King Henrik up next to face our devastating offence.

Might be a cap move. They called up Bailey as a paper transaction because for some reason it is more beneficial to place players on LTIR when you are close to the cap. Pirdham wrote the damn thing so he knows how to handle it, and all these little paper transaction moves end up having a cap related benefit.

James Mirtle
I continue to get emailed by fans who don't like Kadri. I now usually just reply with this...

CTDVgAZUwAAOZqM.jpg:large

Might be a cap move. They called up Bailey as a paper transaction because for some reason it is more beneficial to place players on LTIR when you are close to the cap. Pirdham wrote the damn thing so he knows how to handle it, and all these little paper transaction moves end up having a cap related benefit.

Some teams like pitts have been doing this stuff for years - minor paper moves throughout the year, manipulating when guys are put on ltir etc because it represents marginal savings which over time aggregate to the few hundred k you need to squeeze a deadline addition under the cap.

The leafs have never done this despite pushing right up to the cap in most seasons and having a dedicated capoligist. Which is all to say brian burke became a dinosaur here and it cost this team dearly.

Bernier has been officially put on IR, might be out for a while. Corrado has been recalled. Corraddo had 3Pts in 7 games with the Marlies.

Bernier has been officially put on IR, might be out for a while. Corrado has been recalled. Corraddo had 3Pts in 7 games with the Marlies.
Not necessarily. He was placed on IR retroactive to November 1st, so he's only out for the next two games for sure.

With back-to-back games this weekend, it should be interesting to see if Reimer starts both games, or if Bibeau gets his 1st career NHL start.

Yes interesting indeed ... well I think it also depends on how Reimer does over those 2 games. Win the first one, he might get the 2nd game too.

May as well give him the experience. Not like they are forcing their goalies to stand on their heads this year.

Wouldn't be opposed to a Bibeau start.

Although Reimer has played well the last two games and doesn't really deserve to be yanked. But given the circumstances, not sure why it would hurt for Bibeau to take a crack at it.

The only way it hurts is if he does well and we start winning games. We at this point know our other 2 goalies are junk. For the purpose of continuing to shit the bed i'd prefer to keep our junk in the net until next summer.

Back