• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Mark Stone appreciation thread

ColinM

I felt the need to have one in light of his 2 game suspension that he received today and to contrast the Bobby Ryan thread.

The guy has been on fire since early February in spite of being a complete after thought when he broke into the league in a playoff game against the Rangers in 2012. He has developed solid chemistry with Kyle Turris and will hopefully continue to have that through their respective contract expirations in 2018. Last spring Stone was notorious for his ability to steal the puck. And who can ignore the fact that he's currently our team's leading scorer.

One of my favorites on the team. I always knew he could finish, but the way he steals pucks and picks off passes or strips players is truly an elite skill he possesses.

I don't think I've ever seen another player that can do that so effectively.

Tonight's overtime goal by Stone summed up the best of his play. Stick with a rebound and win a game against a team who is on the second half of a back to back stretch and is close to you in the playoff hunt.

Back