• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs. Tampa Bay Lightning 11/5/2015 7:00 pm EST

SR2007

Thursday, November 5th, 2015, 7:00 pm EST

LIVE FROM:
LIVE ON: (Radio)
LIVE ON: (TV)

2015/2016 Regular Season Records

5-7-0
13th Eastern Conference
7th Atlantic Division
Home Record: 3-4-0
Record Against Atlantic Division: 1-5-0
Last 10: 5-5-0

6-6-2
7th Eastern Conference
3rd Atlantic Division
Away Record: 4-3-0
Record Against Atlantic Division: 3-3-0
Last 10: 3-5-2

SEASON SERIES
October 12th, 2015 -1 -4
October 17th, 2015 -1 -2
Tampa Bay leads season series 2-0
Next Game: Tuesday, November 10th, 2015, 7:30 pm EST @Tampa Bay

Projected Goalies for this Game

#35 Linus Ullmark(2-1-0), 2.02 GAA, .930 SV%, 0 SO

#88 Andrei Vasilvesky(1-0-0), 3.00 GAA, .914 SV% 0 SO

TEAM LEADERS

GOALS
, ,
Ryan O'Reilly, Matt Moulson, Jack Eichel, 4 Goals

ASSISTS

Ryan O'Reilly, 9 Assists

Ryan O'Reilly, 13 Points

GOALS

Steven Stamkos, 6 Goals

ASSISTS

Victor Hedman, 10 Assists

Victor Hedman, 10 Points[

Last edited:

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING BUFFALO SABRES
NOV 5, 2015, 7:00 PM ET

Ullmark starts third straight as Sabres host Lightning

LIGHTNING (6-6-2) at SABRES (5-7-0)

TV:
SUN, MSG-B, BELL-TV

BUFFALO -- Goaltender Linus Ullmark will make his third consecutive for the Buffalo Sabres when they host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday.

Ullmark has won two straight games, making 56 saves on 58 shots, and will have the opportunity to help the Sabres end a six-game losing streak against the Lightning. It will be his fourth NHL start.

"If you were trying to write a story or foresee what would happen with the goaltending situation, this was not one of them that you came up with if you dreamed up 10 or 15 scenarios," Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said. "But I do think right from the start of training camp, even though he was not in games or in scrimmages, he was showing with his work on the ice he had really high potential."

The Sabres have lost to the Lightning in each of their previous games this season. The Lightning beat the Sabres 2-1 when they last played on Oct. 17.

"First and foremost it doesn't matter what we've done the last couple games, it's in the past," Sabres defenseman Josh Gorges said. "Today's an important game for us because I think we've played well against them, especially the last game we played. We still came up on the short end of the stick and I think that goes to show that's a good, quality hockey team we're facing over there."

The most recent time the Sabres beat the Lightning was a 2-1 shootout win Dec. 2, 2014.

"We feel like we need to go out and get what we deserve tonight," Bylsma said. "I think we can draw on the success we had last time and how we played in that game, but I asked the guys, 'What do the Lightning expect from us?' I think we've shown them how we're going to play, in particular the last time we played them, and that's hopefully what they do expect from us."

Sabres defenseman Mike Weber will return to the lineup after he was a healthy scratch the past two games. Defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo will sit out with an upper-body injury.

Forward Cedric Paquette may return for the Lightning. He's missed the past five games with a lower-body injury. Paquette skated in regular line rushes Thursday centering Vladislav Namestnikov and Ryan Callahan, but coach Jon Cooper said they'll see how he feels before game time before making a decision. If Paquette can't play, Tye McGinn will take his place in the lineup and face off against his oldest brother, Sabres forward Jamie McGinn.

Goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy will make his second start of the season for Tampa Bay. He made 32 saves in a 4-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes on Nov. 1 after returning from a blood clot.

The Lightning know they've had tough games against the Sabres and haven't taken their Atlantic Division rivals for granted despite the success.

"We clearly have to have a better start than the last time we played these guys," Cooper said. "We were back against the wall; I think we were outshot 16-3 (in the first period on Oct. 17). We were extremely fortunate to come back and win the hockey game, but if we think that type of effort is going to do it tonight we're in trouble."

One area the Lightning have struggled in this season is scoring goals. Tampa Bay has scored 34 goals this season, but seven in the past six games.

"We're struggling too," captain Steven Stamkos said. "You look at our last six games, I think we've won one. So we've got to be a hungry team tonight and we know we're going to get the same over there."

Here are the projected lineups:

LIGHTNING

Ondrej Palat – Steven Stamkos – Valtteri Filppula

Alex Killorn – Tyler Johnson – Nikita Kucherov

Vladislav Namestnikov – Cedric Paquette – Ryan Callahan

J.T. Brown – Brian Boyle – Erik Condra

Victor Hedman – Anton Stralman

Matt Carle – Jason Garrison

Andrej Sustr – Braydon Coburn

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Ben Bishop

Injured: Jonathan Drouin (lower body)

Scratched: Tye McGinn, Nikita Nesterov

SABRES

Nicolas Deslauriers – Ryan O'Reilly – Tyler Ennis

Johan Larsson – Jack Eichel – Marcus Foligno

Matt Moulson – Zemgus Girgensons – Brian Gionta

Jamie McGinn – David Legwand – Sam Reinhart

Josh Gorges – Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe – Cody Franson

Mike Weber – Mark Pysyk

Linus Ullmark

Chad Johnson

Injured: Carlo Colaiacovo (upper body), Evander Kane (knee), Robin Lehner (ankle), Zach Bogosian (lower body), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: Tim Schaller

Status update: Bylsma said Colaiacovo's injury was a build-up of bumps and bruises over the past few days. He is day-to-day.

Who's hot:
Kucherov has two goals and two assists in the past three games. Stamkos and Johnson have a goal and an assist in the past two games. ... Gionta has two assists the past two games.

Lightning-Sabres Preview

Sounded like we played like shit in the first period and third period and heard that Eichel scored another beauty in the 2nd period can't wait to see the highlight reel of the goal. I am loving Eichel already. Weber played tonight? can't wait for him to be gone! He's a bum and I always was a Weber fan! Well good night everyone.

Terrible start to this game. They came out flat. That second period was frustrating. Plenty of chances but no finish.

Eichel and Reinhart looked great, especially Jack. He was the best player for us that game.

Gionta has really slowed down. Since Kane getting hurt, he's getting more minutes which I understand, but he's pretty bad. Last year when we needed to lose, he played well. Now when we need to win, he's ass.

Mike Weber should never play in the NHL. Get this clown outta here. Putrid player.

So far we are 0-3 vs the Lightning and 5-5 against everyone else. We play them again Tuesday. Can't wait to be down with them in such a short stretch.

Back