• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 Dynasty Baseball Trade Thread

Montana

Champion
*** Trade Announcement ***

Montana Trades:

RP Keone Kela
469103424-keone-kela-of-the-texas-rangers-pitches-gettyimages.jpg

RP Hunter Strickland
456607106-hunter-strickland-of-the-san-francisco-gettyimages.jpg

2B Jose Peraza
Jose-Peraza-running.jpg

Hairnova Trades:

SS JP Crawford
hi-res-7439656_crop_north.jpg

Yup... and I also threw in Cory Rasmus.

Had a hard time dealing Crawford, but already have Correa and needed to upgrade my roster elsewhere.

Montana Trades:

SP James Shields
James+Shields+San+Diego+Padres+Photo+Day+h_ZH3qxefsZl.jpg

RF Marlon Byrd
Byrd-says-Conte-not-to-blame-for-ban-P71OD7K1-x-large.jpg

Jonas Trades:

RF Jorge Soler
usa-today-8416350.0.jpg

Is today April 1st?

Please tell me today is April 1st.

Meh, depends on how you feel about Soler. Great tools, but almost 24 yrs old and terrible strike zone command. Looking like another Javier Baez tbh....absolutely demolished AAA pitching that can't throw quality strikes with their breaking pitches, but unable to square up MLB pitching enough to translate all those tools into production.

Still has massive upside and is miles ahead of Baez IMO. Then there's the "package" going the other way, a rapidly declining SP and a bench outfielder. I wouldn't have traded Soler for that package if it also included a 1st round pick.

Miles ahead of Baez? No.

1 yr older with slightly better control of the strike zone.

Both will need huge adjustments to become even a fraction of what the hype suggested was possible 18 months ago.

I like Soler a lot but yeah he K's a shitload and doesn't walk a whole lot. He did in the minors but hasn't figured it out in MLB yet. He's a risky play, but Bill can take that risk with his roster.

Still has massive upside and is miles ahead of Baez IMO. Then there's the "package" going the other way, a rapidly declining SP and a bench outfielder. I wouldn't have traded Soler for that package if it also included a 1st round pick.

Sheilds:
2014: 9.92 fppg
2015: 9.49 fppg

We may have differing definitions of "rapidly declining."

Seems like solid value for Soler. Get a good pitcher and a depth bat for a guy who may become a stud, but as pointed out, he may be quite meh. He's far from a bluechipper at this point.

Good trade for both teams... Montana turns a couple older assets into a potential stud.

AXLSALINGER TRADES:

Mark Teixeira

fKJVDol.jpg

HAIRNOVA TRADES:

Jose Peraza

SmP6Rs4.jpg

2016 3rd Round Pick (GH)

This league is the best I've ever been involved with, in part because virtually every single manager is making trades, contacting one another about possible deals, working the waiver wire, etc etc.....

Specifically, I love that there's even tons of smaller deals for non-blue chips prospects, or deals just involving bench bats/arms, simple "player for 5th round pick" type swaps......pretty much everyone is involved to the level that we see lots of basic deals, that kind of mimic what we see in the majors.

Love it.

Back