• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

US Election 16' & post game fallout

XPOFAN

Jeff Gauvin
That Carson foreign policy interview on Fox News was painful to watch. I doubt he can name a single Mid East country or foreign leader.

Re: OT: US Election - the Republican Primary race

He doesn't need to name a foreign leader.

When your the POTUS, others needs to know your name.....

(ok i'm kidding)

You mean like Dem Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders blaming global warming for the Paris bombings during their debate yesterday?

Or how about Dem congressman from enlightened California recently outlining God's plan for US interest rates? Please enjoy....

[video=youtube;KIxbJESg8kQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIxbJESg8kQ[/video]

Geezus that's stupid.

Generally, politicians should keep their traps shut about monetary policy. Waaaaaaaaay over their heads and in appropriate.

Actually you can make a connection between war and global warming. The way things are trending the next major war will be fought over the issue of water.

Agree, it very much expected by people who think about these things. But not the Paris attacks... that's silly.

You mean like Dem Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders blaming global warming for the Paris bombings during their debate yesterday?

Or how about Dem congressman from enlightened California recently outlining God's plan for US interest rates? Please enjoy....

I agree that lots of Dems are ignorant but they rarely are proud of the fact. Some GOPS think intelligence is for the elite and real Americans act from the gut.

I figure the first casualties of water wars will be duelling neighbours with sun-burnt laws and empty pools in Orange County.

I read somewhere that if Canada diverted 3% of the flow form the Yukon River (currently being dumped into the Pacific) we could solve California's problem. not sure why Canada is so reluctant to make $$ from it's fresh water surplus

I read somewhere that if Canada diverted 3% of the flow form the Yukon River (currently being dumped into the Pacific) we could solve California's problem. not sure why Canada is so reluctant to make $$ from it's fresh water surplus
A Canadian spending his own money to invest in something instead of getting a government grant that will have taxpayers footing the bill if it doesn't pan out? Preposterous!

Canadians aren't risk taking entrepreneurs. They only bet on a sure thing. When the West was settled Americans took their guns and rushed out as fast as they could to grab whatever they could before any system of government regulation could be implemented. In Canada no one went west until after the CPR, the Hudson Bay Company, the Northwest Mounted Police and at least one chartered bank went out there first.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative. All republicans are stupid and all democrats are intelligent and enlightened.

Oh and all conservative independents are republican.

This is the narrative of the Canadian onlooker.

Last edited:

I agree that lots of Dems are ignorant but they rarely are proud of the fact. Some GOPS think intelligence is for the elite and real Americans act from the gut.
Change "some" to "a few" and you'll have something. Same as a few democrats are proud of the fact they are pompous egotists that believe they are smarter than they really are.

I'm so tired of the finger pointing. It's why nothing gets accomplished. I don't care which side someone likes better, they're all highly complicit in a dysfunctional government that really doesn't give a shit about its citizens.

The timing of the Paris attacks could not have been better for Trump. He's opposed to the Neocons like Rubio, etc., whose policies have failed, but he favors very stringent immigration, etc. For the first time, I actually think that Trump can win the GOP nomination.

The timing of the Paris attacks could not have been better for Trump. He's opposed to the Neocons like Rubio, etc., whose policies have failed, but he favors very stringent immigration, etc. For the first time, I actually think that Trump can win the GOP nomination.

I don't think so. He seems like he is doing a SNL skit all the time. I have faith in the American population (even republicans :smilewinkgrin:) and they won't in the end choose this guy

I thought Paul Rand KO'd Rubio when asking "how can u call u'r self a conservative, yet support spending like a drunken sailor when the US already spends more on defense than the next 10-countries put together".

Not earth shattering, since it's well known, but first time any GOP candidate stated so in public. I also happen to think that is the GOP (party) position present the evolution from neo-con has taken place. For that reason, I think Paul is even better positioned than Trump based on Paris attacks...

I think Trump support will surge. If the elections were held before the end of the year, Trump would demolish any democrat, sanders/hilary. You have a lot of center people who flip/flop based on what the media reports and what the hot topic of the day is. Right now, it's not the economy, it's keeping the country safe at all costs. Regardless how far right and crazy Trump is, a lot of people will believe he can get the job done way better than hilary/sanders. Perception is reality.

Back