• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

NHL Team Values. Habs #2.

Let's not be "those guys" and pretend to actually care about this now.

It's a nice little dig if you have Leaf fan buddies and all, but Hab fans have been defensive or indifferent about these projections forever.

What I find really impressive is the Habs were only $20M USD short in valuation of matching the Rangers despite not making it past the 2nd round, AND having the $0.77 foreign exchange headwind impacting their revenue stream.

To be honest, unless you are Geoff or others in the ownership group, I'm not sure why anyone would care. One thing we can say though is kudos to Geoff and the others. Seems Geoff knows what he is doing contrary to Sal's many rumblings to the contrary.

To be honest, unless you are Geoff or others in the ownership group, I'm not sure why anyone would care. One thing we can say though is kudos to Geoff and the others. Seems Geoff knows what he is doing contrary to Sal's many rumblings to the contrary.
I build up businesses and sell them. It's what I do. I've always been interested.

Moving up the valuation chart. Geoff's cheapness is paying off.

Yep, and while he has even less of an excuse not to go all out for the Cup now, you could also argue that he has even less reason to spend. Clearly the team is "successful enough" as it is. It's the logic that MLSE used when they had a chance to get Gretzky: "How many more tickets would we sell? We already sell out every game so getting 99 would only cost us money"

Yep, and while he has even less of an excuse not to go all out for the Cup now, you could also argue that he has even less reason to spend. Clearly the team is "successful enough" as it is. It's the logic that MLSE used when they had a chance to get Gretzky: "How many more tickets would we sell? We already sell out every game so getting 99 would only cost us money"

we are the new Leafs :)

It's interesting, but I don't understand why it's a source of pride for some fans. To each their own I suppose.

Back