• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs to unveil new logo & uniforms for 2017.

Don't mess with the logo and hopefully not too much with the uni. The current look is one of the best in the league -- and I say that as a Habs fan.

As long as they essentially go back to one of their old logos, should be fine. I think the fancier Leaf is a nicer one than the current "plain" one anyways.

Don't mess with the logo and hopefully not too much with the uni. The current look is one of the best in the league -- and I say that as a Habs fan.
Why? If there's been one constant for this franchise throughout its history when it comes to the logo, it's been change:

kfzKVeH.jpg

I do agree that the current Maple Leaf is nice, and there's some sentiment attached because it's the logo that pretty much everyone on this site has either grown up with, or if not, the logo that has been around for the majority of our adult lives. But at the same time, it's been around for 45 years now, it's the logo we adopted in the Harold Ballard era, and it's the one team logo we've never won jack shit with. For all those reasons, I think it's time to turn the page.

If it were up to me, we'd pretty much just adopt home & away versions of this Leaf jersey:

NPHFNCd.jpg

Out of all the logo/jersey combinations in Leaf history, it's the nicest one by a mile, IMO. So, hopefully that's the kind of direction they go in, and they stay away from recent abominations like adding extra colours to the official colour scheme, a stylized "TML", or taking the stripes off the jersey.

I'm ok with ditching the Ballard Leaf and returning to the 60s logo.

But knowing MLSE the new colours will be grey on grey and the logo will be a muscular Richard Peddie riding a dinosaur.

Obviously subjective but most of those old logos look like childish hand-drawn crap to me.

I would keep the current one or go in a different direction.

Obviously subjective but most of those old logos look like childish hand-drawn crap to me.

I would keep the current one or go in a different direction.

The 1933 & 42 logos are ****ing beautiful. I hope you get hit by a bus.

well, excuuuuuuse me.... I misjudged how many folks here had grand dads who worked on the original logo designs.

I did say the Leafs current look is one of the best in the league, so please spare me the knee jerk partisan response.

Back