• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Redux 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
25. EDM 76
26. DET 75
27. MTL 75
28. OTT 73
29. VAN 69
30. BUF 67
31. ARZ 66

From zeke's Real Standings. Oh so tight.

25. EDM 76
26. DET 75
27. MTL 75
28. OTT 73
29. VAN 69
30. BUF 67
31. ARZ 66

From zeke's Real Standings. Oh so tight.
Vancouver was above us in the standings for so long. Sad to see them drop below us.

Nice to see Ottawa winning though.

Vancouver was above us in the standings for so long. Sad to see them drop below us.

Nice to see Ottawa winning though.

The reality is that we need Ottawa to pass us, and hope nobody above us in the standings wins the lottery.....this ensures we get one of the 3 forwards. I really don't want to end up with another dmen....draft those in later rounds please.

So finish 4th last, and hope lottery is won by either ARZ-BUF-VAN-MTL

The reality is that we need Ottawa to pass us, and hope nobody above us in the standings wins the lottery.....this ensures we get one of the 3 forwards. I really don't want to end up with another dmen....draft those in later rounds please.

So finish 4th last, and hope lottery is won by either ARZ-BUF-VAN-MTL

What makes you think they won't draft a defenceman (or even a goalie) no matter where below 1st overall they finish in the draft ranking? It would be in keeping with this management for them to go completely off the board with their pick.

What makes you think they won't draft a defenceman (or even a goalie) no matter where below 1st overall they finish in the draft ranking? It would be in keeping with this management for them to go completely off the board with their pick.
Just as they “went off the board” with Galchenyuk & Sergachev picks?

Nah. Like chuck there were injury concerns but iirc he has ranked in that area

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kostitsyn too.

Desperation can cause a GM or scout to take drastic measures.
Kostitsyn was ranked in the top-8 by central scouting, the issue was epilepsy concerns & his lack of success on the international stage, teams prefer bird in the hand approach - yes TT was trying to be the smartest guy at the table, and got burned.

Was he burned though?

11. Carter - Very good 60 point player
12. Jessiman - massive bust
13. Brown - has slowed down the last few years but a good 20 goal 50 point forward
14. Seabrook - Up and down Dman that has bordered on elite from time to time. Not having a great year this year.
15. Nilsson - Bust - Swiss league

16. Bernier - Bust - AHL
17. Parise - A couple of elite years but just okay these days.
18. Fehr - Basically a bust.
19. Getzlaf - Elite.

It was a miss for sure...but a lot of misses after him as well.

When Gainey took over prior to the draft in 2003 he specifically sited the need to add a right handed C - three were readily available Carter & Getzlaf in round 1 and Bergeron in round 2.

Ironically rumor at the draft was Gainey trying to move up & make a splash to land MA Fleury.

That ensuing season he traded for Jim Dowd - not that a 2003 pick would’ve played in 03-04, except Bergeron.

I fail to understand this org for the longest time now they say one thing do something else - not sure if they’re trying to pull off the Jedi mind trick, but they were definitely Trump before Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back