• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Redux 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

People my age do not need validation from the Internet. We can actually recall a time when there was no Internet so it's just a tool, not the end-all, be-all of our existence. We turn off the computer occasionally. We do not feel obligated to be wired into the grid 24/7. In other words, we have actual real lives.

that is what i mean

you keep calling it the real world....when in fact it is just the old world

do not worry the radio ppl said the same thing about the real world and the TV

that is what i mean

No, there's the real world in which actual people exist and then there's the internet world where everything is virtual and not real. Here on the internet you and I are merely avatars who created ourselves and can un-create ourselves just as easily and quickly. The things that "happen" to us here, insofar as anything truly "happens" in virtual reality, do not impact us. I turn off my computer and this entire virtual universe ceases to exist. This is one of the reasons why I cannot comprehend the concept of online bullying. If you're being bullied in real life by a real person, you may have to try and physically avoid them or confront them. Online, if you don't want to engage them you just turn off your computer or change your privacy settings and voila! No more bully.

I say stuff online that I don't say in public and nothing that goes on in virtual reality gets me too upset because I am able to remind myself that none of this is real. It only exists if I choose to let it exist. The radio-TV comparison isn't the same thing. Both radio and TV, like the internet, are real only on our own terms. We use these things by choice and we also choose when or if to turn them off. But the real world is the one that we can't avoid. As long as we draw breath we are in the real world and cannot escape from it or its consequences. There's no global warming or nuclear war on the internet. In fact, the internet was invented to withstand and survive a nuclear war. It exists outside the real world.

that is what i mean

[video=youtube;Iwuy4hHO3YQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwuy4hHO3YQ[/video]

I think it's safe to say that the mods are not butthurt millennial snowflakes who think that one should have the right to not be offended by anything. If you want to post here, you put your big boy pants on and suck it up. This is how the real world works so it's a good habit for our younger posters to get into. The world isn't going to give you a hug or a participation ribbon. If you don't kill, you don't eat.

Ottawa didn't do their job last night but Detroit, Vancouver and Edmonton did.

I can't speak for the mods here, but I'm giving you a week off just for being a complete piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back