• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Redux 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it in honor of that guy who was convicted of a hate crime for teaching his girlfriend's dog to give a Nazi salute on a YouTube video. Free speech has to be about more than merely protecting the rights of people to say stuff with which you agree. Free speech laws are supposed to exist to protect unpopular speech. Taste is subjective. Laws shouldn't be.

I did it in honor of that guy who was convicted of a hate crime for teaching his girlfriend's dog to give a Nazi salute on a YouTube video. Free speech has to be about more than merely protecting the rights of people to say stuff with which you agree. Free speech laws are supposed to exist to protect unpopular speech. Taste is subjective. Laws shouldn't be.

If free speech actually existed in its full meaning, then media could say and print whatever they want and they'd get away with it....we all know free speech is a mirage, even in the most democratic of countries

If free speech actually existed in its full meaning, then media could say and print whatever they want and they'd get away with it....we all know free speech is a mirage, even in the most democratic of countries

The actual media have a mandate to report only those things that are verifiably true. The pseudo-media such as Fox News, TMZ, Info Wars and Breitbart just print or broadcast whatever crazy shit they want, devoid of context or framed in a context of their own design in order to promote their chosen narrative. Both kinds of media are protected by the same laws. The legitimate media refrain from saying whatever they want because they have ethical standards which prevent against them spreading unfounded rumors. The others don't self-censor, or check sources or anything else that a credible media outlet would do. They just pursue their narrow agendas. Again, the law protects both.

If habs -25 was able to avoid mod attention more often than not, wehave will always be able to.

Whatever, mods here are useless, let's move on.

The Mods, have made a determination that almost anything goes here. If someone is overly offended, they're not required to stay.

The Mods, have made a determination that almost anything goes here. If someone is overly offended, they're not required to stay.

I think it's safe to say that the mods are not butthurt millennial snowflakes who think that one should have the right to not be offended by anything. If you want to post here, you put your big boy pants on and suck it up. This is how the real world works so it's a good habit for our younger posters to get into. The world isn't going to give you a hug or a participation ribbon. If you don't kill, you don't eat.

Ottawa didn't do their job last night but Detroit, Vancouver and Edmonton did.

I think it's safe to say that the mods are not butthurt millennial snowflakes who think that one should have the right to not be offended by anything. If you want to post here, you put your big boy pants on and suck it up. This is how the real world works so it's a good habit for our younger posters to get into. The world isn't going to give you a hug or a participation ribbon. If you don't kill, you don't eat.

Ottawa didn't do their job last night but Detroit, Vancouver and Edmonton did.

I dont know, in the real world some people would probably lose their jobs if they repeated what they said here. Good thing this isnt the real world.

In any case lets not encourage the younger posters and have them fired at work...LOL

I'm 36. Figured I was close to the youngest on the Habs side.

Yeah, don't think there are many here in their 30s, don't know if there are any here in their 20s.

Need to go to facebook and twitter for that. One reason that a lot of the old boys club stuff is ok here, and probably the only place on the internet where wehave is able to post freely.

Yeah, don't think there are many here in their 30s, don't know if there are any here in their 20s.

Need to go to facebook and twitter for that. One reason that a lot of the old boys club stuff is ok here, and probably the only place on the internet where wehave is able to post freely.

facebook is for old ppl

snapchat is for the yougins

Need to go to facebook and twitter for that. One reason that a lot of the old boys club stuff is ok here, and probably the only place on the internet where wehave is able to feel relevant

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back