• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Redux 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being at the game last night, they are not "all that" without Matthews. They got lucky. Without 34 their masterful rebuild would be nowhere. Just saying.

Without Matthews their rebuild likely takes longer than 2 full seasons. That's not shocking.

FYI -- Also, they played pretty well when he went down the first time.

Kadri, Reilly, Schenn pick (JVR) that’s just 3 top what 5-picks? so maybe not 13 but more than 2-3 years...

And so convenient to overlook Habs had same odds at Mathews as Leafs in that ball draw - it’s better to be lucky than good..

Trump mentality that you won't be fact checked -- and even if you are -- double down on the lie or come up with "alternative fact."

Last edited:
Trump mentality that you won't be fact checked -- and even if you are -- double down on the lie or come up with "alternative fact."
WTF are u talking about make “shit up on the board” - on the head to head draw between Habs & Leafs the probability was 50/50.

F*cking douchebag!

WTF are u talking about make “shit up on the board” - on the head to head draw between Habs & Leafs the probability was 50/50.

F*cking douchebag!
50/50? What about the other teams? I'll talk for myself but I'm not sure how the lottery exactly works, can you explain please?

Who could expect JimBob from Thunder Bay to be able to understand such a concept..

you never mentioned the last ball though

not that it matters

the leafs had the better odds and they won

habs had bad odds and they lost

so the truth is that it is better to be bad (in this case) than lucky

he is trying to say the habs were in it until the last ball - as if that matters

the actually process is here
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/behind-scenes-2017-nhl-draft-lottery-gary-bettman/

the odds didnt actually change though

No no no....not at all.

If u recall the draw, it's a head to head matchup between two teams at a time. At one point it was the Leafs vs Habs draw for the ball, with the winner proceeding to the next round - that head to head matchup as Ellliotte Freidmann points out was a 50/50 probability.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-draft-lottery-near-miss-matthews-really-stings-now/

Last edited:
No no no....not at all.

If u recall the draw, it's a head to head matchup between two teams at a time. At one point it was the Leafs vs Habs draw for the ball, with the winner proceeding to the next round - that head to head matchup as Ellliotte Freidmann points out was a 50/50 probability.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-draft-lottery-near-miss-matthews-really-stings-now/
I understand what you are saying it is just the wrong way to look at it.

The team with the best odds at the start won.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah I read a similar story but how did we know we had the same odds on the last ball without knowing the probability chart or what the first 3 balls were. Or is it something that is known somewhere?
Oh I have no idea. I'm just trusting that Sal was right and the Habs ball was still alive on the last draw.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back