• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 Rules Discussion

FOREVER 7

I posted this on the website last year, but no one responded. I'm hoping that you just didn't look at new messages on the yahoo website.

I have a suggestion. I would like to propose that every 5th year we start from scratch. End of 2015 season, end of 2020 season. The next year 2016 and 2021 all players get thrown back into the pile and start from scratch. We need some change. Mix it up a little. It's not a dynasty league, but if feels like one.

Or another suggestion is you start with 4 keepers and build it up to 8 keepers(4/5/6/7/8) in 5 yrs and then it goes back to 4 again. Or we can go the other way...8/7/6/5/4.

The winner of the league still gets to keep an extra player every year.

Just a suggestion.

OPINIONS?

Rich(FOREVER7)

Re: 2016 League Suggestion

Not sure how I feel about that. I'd probably be okay with it if others wanted to do it, but it's not something that would excite me. I'd probably prefer the second option.

I like the system with going up and down in keepers each year, I dont like the reset idea.

I would like to let you guys know that this might be my last season with fantasy baseball. My life is changing and I dont know if I'll be able to keep up with it.

I like the system with going up and down in keepers each year, I dont like the reset idea.

I would like to let you guys know that this might be my last season with fantasy baseball. My life is changing and I dont know if I'll be able to keep up with it.

Aren't you in your 20s? how the hell is your life changing so much that u r gonna give up fantasy baseball???

Aren't you in your 20s? how the hell is your life changing so much that u r gonna give up fantasy baseball???

I'll be living on the road and travelling across north america. Lots of backcountry hiking and climbing. Most of those places dont even have cell service :p

About to buy the engine for my van and have it up and running by april!

Hate to lose you Cheech. Sounds like quite the adventure!

Axl what do you think of starting this for this season?
I would like to put this up to a vote if we can. Winner from last year would keep one extra player like we have done in the past.

Start with 4 keepers and build it up to 8 keepers(4/5/6/7/8/7/6/5/4) and then it goes back to 4 again.

My vote is for this system as well.

The other league I am in also has this system and I'm a big fan! Has anyone heard or tried a two player step? ie go 4-6-8-10-8-6-4

Anybody hear from Axl?
I think we should put this to a vote with the format of 4/5/6/7/8/7/6/5/4/5/6/7/8 with the winner getting one extra player.

I am open to changes if people want. It's a pretty good league either way, and may be difficult to get a consensus. But we can certainly discuss (still need to get everybody signed up as well) and see what people are thinking.

Is trading allowed in the off season? I forget if we've discussed this in the past.

But if you read through the comments we had a discussion about only trading keeper players and if I do recall we had a separate discussion about it

I read through... there was a discussion, but there was no resolution so as it stands we can still trade up until the keeper deadline. Then you can only trade keepers and picks.

Have a bunch of our threads been deleted? Cause we had more than just those

I'm thinking that's from a while back when Habsy pruned all threads that hadn't been posted in for over a year.

Back