• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Dion to Ottawa!

Re: Dion to Ottawa!?

So I was right about double dion the entire time.

grats fellas

All I know is that Lou Lamierello is past his prime....this league has clearly passed him by.

Right Sensi?

Lindberg looks like a pretty intriguing prospect. 6'2, 200+ pounds and 22 points in 34 points as a 20 year-old AHL rookie with Binghamton in his first look of North American hockey this year.

The fact that the Leafs retained zero salary in the deal is massive though. This team is going to have a metric ton of cap flexibility in the coming seasons.

We could potentially flip any of those guys with one year left at the deadline again.

It's going to be enjoyable watching Sens fans going ballistic after essentially non-stop ripping on Dion the past seven seasons.

Dion at #3, #4 should be fine.

Cowen somehow comes with a $650K cap credit if he is bought out, and apparently his buyout is only $1.5 Million.

Lindberg is pretty highly regarded among those in the know.

Lindberg looks like a pretty intriguing prospect. 6'2, 200+ pounds and 22 points in 34 points as a 20 year-old AHL rookie with Binghamton in his first look of North American hockey this year.

The fact that the Leafs retained zero salary in the deal is massive though. This team is going to have a metric ton of cap flexibility in the coming seasons.

played with oshawa last year so not exactly his first look.

Yeah I like Lindberg quite a bit. Have him in every dynasty league I'm in.

Maybe Babs can fix Cowen? I have very very little hope for this but maybe there is something there.

The Leafs got rid of a long term contract without retaining any long term salaries. Add another top 60 pick, along with the fact that Ottawa will likely not compete for Matthews, along with the fact that the Leafs now will surely compete for the Matthews = big big win.

We'll miss Dion though. He is a very good top 4 D but as we've mentioned several times around here, he was paid like a top 2 D.

Crazy deal. Still digesting the short and long term fallout.

I still loathe Fanoaf, but as a second pairing Dman to help bring Ceci along, I can put up with him.

played with oshawa last year so not exactly his first look.

Should have quantified that with "his first look of North American professional hockey this year."

But yeah, 32 goals and 78 points with the Gens last year.

Could be a decent third-liner in the future based on his offensive track record, or you could hypothetically stick him on the top two lines with Kasper or Willie to do the lunch pail work.

Back