• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

VOTE: New Keeper format suggestion

Which keeper system to go with?

• Keep it the same (8 keepers every year)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-4 system

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cheech

Sharks & Golf Forum Moderator
So as FOREVER 7 posted:

I posted this on the website last year, but no one responded. I'm hoping that you just didn't look at new messages on the yahoo website.

I have a suggestion. I would like to propose that every 5th year we start from scratch. End of 2015 season, end of 2020 season. The next year 2016 and 2021 all players get thrown back into the pile and start from scratch. We need some change. Mix it up a little. It's not a dynasty league, but if feels like one.

Or another suggestion is you start with 4 keepers and build it up to 8 keepers(4/5/6/7/8) in 5 yrs and then it goes back to 4 again. Or we can go the other way...8/7/6/5/4.

The winner of the league still gets to keep an extra player every year.

Just a suggestion.

OPINIONS?

Rich(FOREVER7)

Lets get a vote going!

Please go onto our Yahoo website and vote on the poll that I placed there in messages. Once you vote it will show how many votes are in. Right now there are 4 votes in the poll. There are 11 of us that are signed in to our league, so please make your vote as soon as possible so Axl will know how many keepers we will have this year. Habs, if you didn't vote on the Yahoo website, please do so.
Thanks

Just saw the poll above...Keepers should start at 4 this year and go up to 8, not start at 8 and go down. If you stay at 8 this year there's no change. It really has to start at 4 and work up to see how this will work.

you cant change the amount of keepers that drastically for the upcoming year. Teams have planned their rosters, made trades and acquisitions as they thought 8 players would be kept.

We need a drastic move.
I'm actually thinking of opting out of this league because it has become stagnant. It needs a major change.

If you look at the standings since 2010 the same 5 teams have been in the top 5 of maybe missed the top 5 once in those 6 years.
AXL
Haps
Homerun
Hair(unholy alliance)
Me(Forever 7)
Smokin' in there a couple times also.

But that's it.

Really, I think we should actually start from scratch every 4-5 years and not keep players for more than 4 or 5 years if we don't have a complete start over draft. I know it would be hard to track your keepers over 5 years, but it has to be done. I don't know why anybody would join this league after a team that has been beaten for the past 6-10 yrs and that owner decides to quit because he knows that he will never have a chance to get a Trout, Harper, Goldschmidt...etc. and the new person inherits a losing team. WE NEED A CHANGE.

Off topic... but I hate myself. In 2012 I had both Trout and Harper... but Harper took longer to get called up and I dropped him. What an idiot.

I'm fine going down to 4 right away. No matter what we do it's the same for everyone.

Since this will be my last season, if we do any drastic redraft we should give my team to someone else. Or maybe we can find a co-manager who takes over next year?

Hey guys. Been crazy busy this month, also have been waiting to get everybody signed up in Yahoo (still waiting on Metalleaf). Sorry for the delay. Let's try to get this figured out over the next week, then we can get Keepers set around March 1 and figure out when to set the draft (could also go with an offline draft).

As for this question, Cheech does have a point, but it's also a league that could use a change to spice things up. I am fine with either option. We have another league where the rule re: shifting # of keepers is fairly similar to this (except it only goes down to 5 keepers, not 4), seems to work fairly well.

I really like Roto for baseball, so hopefully we can rejuvenate this league and have a great summer. Gonna send out an email, and hopefully everybody chimes in.

Lastly, hope that Daniel Norris, er I mean Cheech can stick around for at least one more year. But let us know if you can't.

Last edited:
Well it sounds like most people prefer the 4-5-6-7-8 format or are impartial. I havent heard any comment for someone wanting the 8 keeper format, so I'd say we should go with that and start getting the ball rolling.

We also have to decide on doing a complete reset or start at 4 keepers. I think we should just start from scratch.

Well if we're starting at 4 then it's not a reset. That's a completely different issue. Not sure I really want to start over.

Yeah, I think it makes sense to consider changing the rules to switch things up. No need to do a full "reset".

Once Metalleaf signs up in Yahoo we will have a full league of 12 owners, let's get this figured out over the next few days.

Last edited:
Axl, I think we should just do it. We have a 4-0 vote now for the 4/5/6/7/8 format. Seems like the other people don't care if they are not voting or just don't know how to do it. I think it doesn't matter to them.

I'm with Cheech...let's get the ball rolling and start moving on this. What do you think?
Give people to Saturday to vote and then we just go with the majority that have voted.

are we doing an online or an offline draft? We have some time if we get going quick. Maybe do the first few rounds off line that matter?

Back