• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

15-16 Hockey League Discussion

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
Goddamn Komarov... gonna get himself suspended and puts McDonagh out. Double ****ing whammy for me.

It's a very in depth and involved money league.

We're always happy to have a new, dedicated manager.

Quit your complaining HP lol I got hit with Barkov, Kadri, Spurgeon, De Haan and Staal all in 1 week.

Usually at this point in the year we have people bringing up rule changes but i don't think we have any that are glaring.

Quit your complaining HP lol I got hit with Barkov, Kadri, Spurgeon, De Haan and Staal all in 1 week.

Usually at this point in the year we have people bringing up rule changes but i don't think we have any that are glaring.

We already spoke about shutouts, and we'll look to address it in the summer, but yeah that's about it. We're just tightening nuts and bolts at this point on a scoring system that seems to make a lot of sense.

We already spoke about shutouts, and we'll look to address it in the summer, but yeah that's about it. We're just tightening nuts and bolts at this point on a scoring system that seems to make a lot of sense.

Oh ya shutouts... really like the 2 F spot thing we have going now. Has also changed the trade valuation of certain players, no longer is a C/W premium added to players.

Yeah, as much as the scoring system does work on a macro level... there are a couple micro issues like shutouts and the lack of shots and or shot attempts that we really should address.

I forget the proposed solutions to the GK issue.

I do remember i suggested that we use a non linear punishment for GA.... allowing a 4th goal costs you more points than allowing a 1st goal.

Yeah, as much as the scoring system does work on a macro level... there are a couple micro issues like shutouts and the lack of shots and or shot attempts that we really should address.
While I generally agree with you there, we don't reward possession drivers enough in this league. A player can have a tonne of shots but be valued lower than another player who takes two hooking penalties or something because we score PIM and not shots, all other things being equal. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Could also add penalties drawn as a category... although i'm not sure how accurately those stats are kept.

Exactly. We need to find a way to change these small issues without really changing the overall scoring. Still want that 1 fppg to be the benchmark for a star player.

Back