• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Man, the Shanaplan, while also being extremely well thought out and brilliantly executed so far, has had a lot of luck so far too.

As a lifelong Maple Leafs fan, I can't comprehend this.

Still in complete shock. What a great start to the weekend.

We will be relevant again very soon. Now just need Steven to come home.

It's funny---Trevor Linden mentioned he brought a Pat Quinn rookie card for good luck.

...and I think it worked:

4f6EVJm.jpg

I'm still in absolute shock. This is already shaping up to be one of the biggest off-seasons in franchise history. I cannot believe that the Leafs hold the first overall pick.

Auston Matthews certainly didn't seem particularly excited there. I think he would have had the exact same reaction if the guy had said, "Auston, I'm going to take a sip of water from my cup here. What do you think?"

I really think there's a good chance we don't chase Stamkos now.
Nahh man. Now we have more reason to chase him than ever. It's not like Auston Matthews is going to cost a lot against the cap in the immediate future. And imagine adding Stamkos, Matthews, Marner & Nylander to the team in one off-season?

This team becoming competitive wouldn't be a long-term proposition.

Auston Matthews certainly didn't seem particularly excited there. I think he would have had the exact same reaction if the guy had said, "Auston, I'm going to take a sip of water from my cup here. What do you think?"

It was also 3 in the morning, so yeah I don't read a tonne into it.

I really think there's a good chance we don't chase Stamkos now.
He didn't seem to like playing wing with Tampa, and you've pretty much got your top centres set for the next while. You can obviously still shift other guys to the wing, but certainly muddied the waters a bit.

Back