• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Yeah we have more than enough evidence to make this call right?

Well there's more than enough proof they didn't use any of their analytics to make decisions here...

ClzhbGrXIAE6HLs.jpg:large

Not to mention taking a 6'6 stiff is pretty much throwing a pick away. The guy has 0 chance to be anything.

Passing on guys like Cam Dineen, Abramov, Golyshev, Debrincat to take grinders, goalies and 6'6 stiffs is something they wouldn't have done last year. I have to admit I'm a bit stunned by this approach.

Well there's more than enough proof they didn't use any of their analytics to make decisions here...

I don't think this is right. Every single one of the picks other than the big defenseman had very good stats and advanced analytics where available (CHL, US guys). Yes they also didn't draft players that had good stats.

123 (EDM) - Dylan Wells
124 (MTL) - Casey Staums (Oh, from a Minny highschool, Habs fans are going to lose their shit over this.)
125 (STL) - Nolan Stevens

With the few projects Hunter's drafted, and the couple of 19/20 year olds he's taken who are re-entering the draft, I wonder if he's just not enamoured at all with the quality of players available in the latter stages of this draft?

pretty weird turnaroujd from last year for sure.

clearly drafting to address a specific style deficiency in the system.

but hey maybe they needed to. there was a lack of pure power/speed guys in the system. not that i like them gearing a whole draft that way.

My first thought is that babcock had more input this year.

I definitely don't like how many overagers we drafted.

With the few projects Hunter's drafted, and the couple of 19/20 year olds he's taken who are re-entering the draft, I wonder if he's just not enamoured at all with the quality of players available in the latter stages of this draft?

Pretty much everyone after the high-mid 20's in this draft is a project. He's picked ones that have been promising statistically. Other than that defenseman.

Back