• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

"The 2016 NHL draft lottery, which will determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks in the first round of the 2016 NHL draft, will be held on Saturday, at Sportsnet's Hockey Central Studio in Toronto.

The results of the lottery will be announced during live television coverage of the event at 8 p.m. ET on NBC."

So the actual results are unveiled at 8pm

It must not be much of a show? The Pens/Cap game is scheduled to start at the same time.

Cant see why they would purposely schedule that during the game.

Probably a 15 min segment. I don't see them having Matthews in studio to do an interview like McDavid though

Perhaps they are just showing who wins the lottery for #1 and releasing the rest of the results.

I remember reading in the past that the NHL wasn't a fan of the spectacle TSN made of the lottery. Not sure if that changes this year, but if the NHL has their say it could be a short reveal.

The NHL actually did confirm it'll be a countdown. First they'll hold the three lotteries behind closed doors.

Then after that, they'll come out and reveal the selections in order, starting from pick #14.

Good stuff, doesn't sound like there will be much fooling around at 8pm then. Looking forward to it.

Thats anti-climactic

They should start at 3 and count back. Keep all 14 teams fan bases on their toes

I just hope if they do a countdown they have a live odds board because obviously if none of the bottom 5 team move then our odds go up of a 1-3 finish.

Could be a huge weekend for Ottawa.

Eugene's Lebreton bid is the "preferred" bid. Boudreau just got fired, he's clearly the best candidate to coach in Ottawa. Winning one of the top 3 in this draft would be huge.

Would make up for the Norris that the hockey writers are about to steal from Karlsson and serve up to Doughty.

I dunno. It might have been a better weekend for you had Uncle Eugene's bid lost.

You'd be better off if the deep-pocketed Canderel guys owned your team instead of Rod Bryden 2.0.

How do you figure...Melnyk just won the lottery. He's one of 41 investors in the bid, and there is a ton of money to be made on the project.

Whatever, it put him in a good mood when he needs to open his wallet, and that has to be better than him being in a bad mood.

Connor McDavid feels sorry for top prospect Auston Matthews heading into the draft lottery as he says it's a miserable experience.

"It's upsetting. I really feel for (Auston) Matthews, having to go through what I had to go through. It was so stressful, not just for myself but for my family."

Back