• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 International Champions Cup matchups set

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Charlie Stilitano's International Champions Cup pre season tourney will mix in matches in the US and in Europe, including some home dates for the participating clubs. Interesting that Charlie announced Leicester City as a participant only a week or two after blasting them (and other smaller, underdog clubs) as "not what Champions League football should be all about."

This year's group includes Leicester City, Liverpool and Chelsea from the EPL, my own beloved Celtic FC, Paris St Germaine, Barcalona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan and Bayern Munich. Leicester and Celtic kick things off at Celtic Park on July 23 and things conclude with a reprise of the 1967 Champions League final of Celtic/Inter on August 13. No venue for that date as of yet, but I assume they'll want to play that one in Lisbon.

Highlights of the US schedule:
Bayern vs Inter in Charlotte ... not far from little old me
Liverpool vs Chelsea at the Rose Bowl
Leicester vs PSG in Los Angeles ... let those sunkist Cali types get a load of the rabid ferret that is Jamie Vardy.

Here's a link to the schedule: http://www.internationalchampionscup.com/schedule/territory/na#3j7AqDZsXguIdKYl.97
You can pre-register for advanced notice of ticket sales once they come on line. I'm tentatively planning on a trip to Charlotte to see Bayern and Inter

I went to Chicago for Man U v. PSG last summer. I may end up back there this summer for Bayern Munich v. AC Milan.

Yeah. I'd be tempted to travel a little further afield myself except I'll be coming back from my second long-ish stint out of the country right as these games are starting. Think I'll stick close to home for awhile after that.

Yeah. I'd be tempted to travel a little further afield myself except I'll be coming back from my second long-ish stint out of the country right as these games are starting. Think I'll stick close to home for awhile after that.

My daughter lives in Evanston, otherwise I'd be in Charlotte with you.

Back