• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Bruins 4/5 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Eliminated from the playoffs, the Canes can play spoiler tonight.

The Bruins were passed by the Red Wings for 3rd in the Atlantic Division and now sit on the outside looking in. They're 1 point behind the Flyers, who have 1 game in hand, and 1 behind the Red Wings. But they finish with 3 straight at home, including Thursday against the Wings, so if they win out, they're in. They close with Ottawa on Saturday. Brad Marchand is tied for 6th in the league with 36 goals, David Krejci is just outside the top 10 in assists. Tuukka Rask is having a below average season for him; his 2.60 GAA is his worst since the 2010-11 season when he was a backup and his .915 save % is a career low. Bruins are 7th in the league on the PP and 13th on the kill.

The Canes recalled Brown and Tolchinsky from Charlotte and Riley Nash is expected to be back in the lineup. Peters said that Lindholm will be at center the entire game after getting an extended look on Saturday against the Jackets. No word on the goalie. The morning skate starts at 10:30 so we'll see the lineup and goalie later this morning.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

This old Whalers fan heartily approves of the Canes hurting the Bruins playoff chances tonight. Let's get this one!

This old Whalers fan heartily approves of the Canes hurting the Bruins playoff chances tonight. Let's get this one!

As does ANY Canes fan who has been forced to sit through a B's game in Raleigh over the last few years. Those guys can suck it. Go stick it to 'em.

Peters was all cute weeks ago as to when Lindholm would be tried at center ("There's a time that I know...").

Guess that time was: whenever the Canes are mathematically eliminated.

Probably later than he originally thought.

Cam Ward is simply awesome. I've never in all my years of watching the NHL, seen a goalie look as ridiculous as Cam just did on that breakaway.

For all the great things that Peters has done, we still have way too many issues with line changes. And a crappy line change at the end of a power play cost us.

I think there are some pissed off Bruins. To them I say tough.
Hanafin showed some serious skills tonight. Tolchinsky has some serious skills. Cward is audioning for a job and brought the house down.

Canes magic number is two over Ottawa to finish ahead of all the Canadian teams. And the slugs, who I consider to be a Canadian team.

Cam Ward is simply awesome. I've never in all my years of watching the NHL, seen a goalie look as ridiculous as Cam just did on that breakaway.
Hard to fault Cam for that goal, IMO. After the way he played tonight, I think he deserves some kudos. Also glad to see our young D-men bounce back from Saturday's disaster. Wasn't impressed with Tolchknsky in his NHL debut, but he looked really good tonight. I thought Staal's game was way off, however.

That loss is a killer for the Bruins, they look like the team that may be on the outside looking in when the dust settles this week for playoff spots. Peters not using Skinner in the shootout was dumb, his shootout choices seem more like pulling numbers out of a hat that anything else. Ward played well, but not well enough to even consider bringing him back next year!

People likely better get used to seeing Cam around. While he is a below average NHL goalie, he is probably the best available option for the Canes this summer among the other below average NHL goalies that will be on the UFA market. Unless Francis gets creative with a trade, I expect Cam to be wearing the sightless eye next year. All that said, I hope Francis gets creative!

Hey didn't catch this one. Very nice result. Particularly with Hanifin getting the winner in the SO.

I read that Tolchinsky had a good game. Can we have some elaboration? Any highlights available?

Hey didn't catch this one. Very nice result. Particularly with Hanifin getting the winner in the SO.

I read that Tolchinsky had a good game. Can we have some elaboration? Any highlights available?

He doesn't show up in the official highlights package much, so ... dunno. He was MUCH more noticeable in possession this game though. He looked a bit overwhelmed by the speed of the game in his debut last week.

Back