• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

End of Year Thoughts ... the centers

"Just chalk me up as not believing that a grown ass adult can't figure out how to do a job for which he gets paid six million bucks unless his brother is around to hold his hand."

I have been lurking on this forum (and the previous incarnations) since becoming a newbie fan in 1992, and just enjoy reading the discourse and learning about the sport. I just had to register and post - plus one, and additional ones (I couldn't get the thumbs up to work-will have to read up on that!). This whole brother card is just too out of hand.

Welcome aboard! Lots of great folks in here and always nice to have some new folks join with their own thoughts and opinions!

Clapping.......

Maybe it's just me, but it SURE seemed to me that Jordan and Skinner both played the best hockey of the season immediately after Eric went to the Big Apple.

Yup. In the end, the injuries to Faulk, Nestrasil and Di Guiseppi derailed the final point totals for this team, NOT the deadline trades. Honestly the one that hurt the short term results the worst was the Liles trade, but only because that combined with Faulk going down put Jordan and Murphy in the lineup at the same time.

Yup. In the end, the injuries to Faulk, Nestrasil and Di Guiseppi derailed the final point totals for this team, NOT the deadline trades. Honestly the one that hurt the short term results the worst was the Liles trade, but only because that combined with Faulk going down put Jordan and Murphy in the lineup at the same time.

Agreed. Really wonder if we would have made it if Faulk hadn't gone out. Our making a good go at making the playoffs and failing - can be blamed therefore on Brad Malone.

Agreed. Really wonder if we would have made it if Faulk hadn't gone out. Our making a good go at making the playoffs and failing - can be blamed therefore on Brad Malone.

ALMOST fair. DiGuiseppi was sorely missed, as was Nesty. Those two losses took the starch out of two very productive (in their own way) lines.

ALMOST fair. DiGuiseppi was sorely missed, as was Nesty. Those two losses took the starch out of two very productive (in their own way) lines.

You know what, you're right. We did managed much better keeping up our backend with Faulk out than we did in keeping up some of the chemistry we were starting to develop up front with the lines when those two forwards went out.

I was amazed at how much I missed seeing PDG and Nesty in the lineup. They were playing their best hockey and I definitely believe their absence hurt our chances. On the other hand, we got a good luck at some of the new(er) players and that's a good thing.

I was amazed at how much I missed seeing PDG and Nesty in the lineup. They were playing their best hockey and I definitely believe their absence hurt our chances. On the other hand, we got a good luck at some of the new(er) players and that's a good thing.

And further laments that the Staal situation was the complete opposite. He didn't make that much of a difference to us (at least he wasn't a total liability when he was on the ice) but as has been said before, there really wasn't anything to his game that we couldn't dare I even use the word easily, replace.

Back