• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2016 Playoffs

nah... MAF lets in plenty of weak goals in the regular season too.... he doesn't choke in big games, he's just good to put up a stinker on a regular basis. He is just consistently shit.

It made some sense. Murray hadn't been great the last few game, he's a 21 year old rookie in the semi-finals with just a few NHL games under his belt, he's never played this many games in a season before, etc. It just didn't work out, however, for the Pens tonight. They can, and will, go back to Murray in game 6.

When the alternative is Fleury, it makes no sense.

I don't watch. No one does.

I want them to end so I can start to care again.

You?

I want you to care again too.

Yes, I'm watching. One of my sons is a big Penguins fan. There's a reason he wears no. 87 for his hockey team (the biggest reason is that 88 was taken).

Last edited:
I want you to care again too.

Yes, I'm watching. One of my sons is a big Penguins fan. There's a reason he wears no. 87 for his hockey team (the biggest reason is that 88 was taken).

Lindros fan ?

Isn't he too young to remember ?

Edit: Damn, forgot about Kane

A Philly boy rooting for Pens is like a Mtl kid cheering for Leafs.

A Philly boy rooting for Pens is like a Mtl kid cheering for Leafs.

I am surprised he allowed his son to cheer for any team other than the Canadiens. At one point, mine was claiming he liked the Ducks and would cry when I told him he was Canadiens. I just kept only allowing him to watch the Canadiens and only buying him Canadiens' gear. He then saw the error of his ways.

I am surprised he allowed his son to cheer for any team other than the Canadiens. At one point, mine was claiming he liked the Ducks and would cry when I told him he was Canadiens. I just kept only allowing him to watch the Canadiens and only buying him Canadiens' gear. He then saw the error of his ways.

So no different than religion.

Seulement dit.

Allowed? He has a mind and a free will, you know? The Blackhawks are his favorite team, followed by the Pens, and then the Habs. The older one is Habs all the way. But the younger one is the hockey player. At least neither is a Flyers fan.

Last edited:
So when he wants to play PS4 all night or say GTA when he is 9, you will allow his free will to rule?

Remember too, you can't have more than one favourite team

So when he wants to play PS4 all night or say GTA when he is 9, you will allow his free will to rule?

Remember too, you can't have more than one favourite team

Exactly. You can't leave these things to chance. My brother who lives in Toronto let his son exercise free will and look what it got him: a damned Leafs fan living in his house, that's what. And it didn't even end there. He's a huge Jays and Raptors fan to boot.

No son of mine would ever be left to his own devices like that. I'd rather he announce that he was gay than that he was a Leafs fan (although I'm told that the two generally go together)

Back