• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 Playoff Thread

They said that it shouldn't matter much towards his decision...and it was a rebuttal of your ass hurt point about why would he give up a top six role on a team about to make a playoff run. Pointing out the Preds lack of playoff success was a solid counter point. If the Preds can make the WCF, then you probably had a point. You keep trying to forget the root of this, and that was your insistence that Vesey made some sort of dire mistake to not join the Preds and the many emotionally driven arguments you tried to make to justify your asshurt.

Meh, only Sensfan chirps about winning 1st rounds.

Nice revisionist history there, I seem to remember people saying nashville was first round fodder this year, not only talking about years past.

As for Vesey, I won't waste my time talking about that guy. Too busy watching duck fans wanting to blow everything up.

As for chirping about winning a playoff round of hockey, I wouldn't expect a leafs fan to understand. Unless they were just coming out of a 12 year coma or something.

Sorry, my bad. Nashville is second round fodder.
Nashville won the season series versus Anaheim, people didn't care, nashville wins in 7.

Nashville won the season series versus the Sharks, people don't care, nashville wins in...how many, 7 again?

Here's hoping.

i am trying to figure out which is worse

people with more than one team or people like jonas that switch teams

I would say Jonas, because I run the risk of both the Habs and the preds sucking big time. Hasn't happened recently though. Jonas just always gets a chance at a cup run.

Switching from a local side to a random team is pretty bad... chirping because your 2nd team hasn't failed yet to a 3rd fanbase that you insist on coming to talk with is worse.

No one cares about Nasvhille. Even Preds players would rather be elsewhere.

I'm sure Colin Wilson, pekka rinne, Craig smith, roman josi, Ryan Ellis, Mathias ekholm, Mike fisher all had guns to their heads when they signed contracts with the preds.

Switching from a local side to a random team is pretty bad... chirping because your 2nd team hasn't failed yet to a 3rd fanbase that you insist on coming to talk with is worse.

If that 3rd fanbase didn't badmouth my 2nd team, I wouldn't be here.

Well, some of us are "badmouthing" your 2nd team now...but we weren't originally when the whole Vesey thing was going on.

We were just giving you a realistic appraisal of the situation that turned out to be correct in the end.

Well, some of us are "badmouthing" your 2nd team now...but we weren't originally when the whole Vesey thing was going on.

We were just giving you a realistic appraisal of the situation that turned out to be correct in the end.

Minus the part where the preds would be destroyed by whatever team they faced in the first round I guess?

Nice revisionist history there, I seem to remember people saying nashville was first round fodder this year, not only talking about years past.

and they almost ended up 1st round fodder....but the point of it all was the crying you were doing over Vesey. You couldn't understand how anyone could pass up the opportunity to play unpaid hockey for a few weeks in April. That the Preds snuck through the 1st round is immaterial.

As for Vesey, I won't waste my time talking about that guy. Too busy watching duck fans wanting to blow everything up.

If you hadn't wasted your time crying like a bitch about it, most of these conversations would have never started. You went nuclear and people rebutted your emotional asshurt bullshit.

As for chirping about winning a playoff round of hockey, I wouldn't expect a leafs fan to understand. Unless they were just coming out of a 12 year coma or something.

You can't say anything to us that we don't say about us. Mind you, maybe if I also picked a 2nd team and chirped you about their success, this could get really, really gay.

2nd teams, hands down. Jonas' timing is a bit suspect but allegedly he jumped to the Hawks before they were good. It would be like someone defecting from the Leafs now and becoming an Oilers fan. All signs point to them being good shortly, they're just not yet.

and that's plenty gay, but having a 2nd team is the worst. I get flipping allegiances, it's not something I'll ever do, but I get it. Having a 2nd team that you actively cheer for? No, just no.

ya
at least jonas went all in (though maybe he goes back to half and half if the leafs get good )

If that 3rd fanbase didn't badmouth my 2nd team, I wouldn't be here.

It's not so that much people around here are badmouthing the Predators as that they are completely and utterly irrelevant that they inspire insipid indifference. In the NHL the only other franchise that really gives them a run for their money as far as being pointless and remarkably forgettable is Columbus.

Back