• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Offseason Discussions

hairnova

News Breaker
Here is a list of things we've come up with that we thought should be discussed.

We're looking for as much feedback as possible so we can finalize changes within the next week or so.

_____

Firstly, a couple of changes that will be implemented next season:

• All players with red/yellow flags will be eligible to be placed on IR.

• Lineups will lock based on player's individual start times instead of locking at the first game of the day.

_____

Now, onto the discussion points:

Expansion:
We currently have 14 teams. Ideally we'd like 16... are others interested in expanding?

The Cap:
Our cap is currently ~20% higher than the NHL's... should we keep this going forward or increase it?

Minor Leagues:
We currently have 25 spots... should we keep 25 or up it to 30?

Weekly GP Limits:
Last year we started with 16/16/16/24/8 and switched to 48/24/8... should we keep this, simply go with 80 total or something else?

Retaining salary in trades:
This has been brought up during the season. Any suggestions?

Any other suggestions are also welcomed.

Expansion:
We currently have 14 teams. Ideally we'd like 16... are others interested in expanding?

As long as the managers are solid. Also how are we handling expansion? Can't say I built my team with expansion in mind as a possibility.

The Cap:
Our cap is currently ~20% higher than the NHL's... should we keep this going forward or increase it?

I'm fine with it as is.

Minor Leagues:

I'd cap it at 30.

Weekly GP Limits:
Last year we started with 16/16/16/24/8 and switched to 48/24/8... should we keep this, simply go with 80 total or something else?

I think you need to have caps per group....F/D/G.

Seems like a really messy concept, I'd be for it if there was an easy way to track it.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the managers are solid. Also how are we handling expansion? Can't say I built my team with expansion in mind as a possibility.

I'm fine with it as is.

I'd cap it at 30.

I think you need to have caps per group....F/D/G.

Seems like a really messy concept, I'd be for it if there was an easy way to track it.

Sorry... I had to edit your post to make it easier to follow.

Expansion:

Like Deckie said, if we can find good managers 16 would ideal but I'm cool with staying at 14 for now.

The Cap:

20% seemed to work pretty good. Made it pretty challenging.

Minor Leagues:

I'd say stick with 25 but if people wanted to go to 30 and cap it there I'd be cool with that too.

Weekly GP Limits:

That would be a lot easier to track. Or even 70 games for skaters and 10 for goalies.

I really like this idea but we'd have to come up with some rules. Perhaps something like...

1. No team can retain more than $5m at any given time and no teams can trade have more than $7.5m in cap relief at any given time.

2. Cap retention/relief is only in effect for the season in which the trade was made.

3. Cap retention trades can only take place after a certain date (maybe Feb 1st) until the trade deadline.

Expansion:

As long as we can find good owners, I'm good with that.

The Cap:

If we're at 14 teams I don't think we should touch it. This seems like a good cap level right now where it's a challenge to manage around it, but it's not crippling to the ability to make moves to improve your team, rebuild, etc.

Minor Leagues:

I'm a prospect whore, so I'm good with 30

Weekly GP Limits:

I'm cool with the 48/24/8.

Unless fantrax has a function to govern this I'm really, really against this. Just way too complicated to manage fairly unless Fantrax has it as a feature.

Unless fantrax has a function to govern this I'm really, really against this. Just way too complicated to manage fairly unless Fantrax has it as a feature.
Yeah we can edit individual team cap limits. So if you retained $5m in a trade with me, we could lower your limit by $5m while raising by $5m... it would be very easy to do.

1. Expansion
I think it would be great maybe each team submits protected list and has to make 5-10 player avail to new team, but only for owners that will be active. I don't want to water down players avail just to have 16 teams.
2. Cap
I think with 14 team or 16 team it's probably right at the 20% higher mark as we seen a lot of FA movement this year.
3. Minors
I'm ok either or. To me 25 is enough but if majority like 30. That's cool to
4. Weekly game limits.
I'd like to keep it broken down to F/D/G. The whole point of this league was to make it as realistic as possible. No team puts out 12 D in a game.
5. Retaining salary
anything that makes trading a little easier or the league a little more active is awesome. This would be great for the deadline as we didn't have a ton of movement. I'm assuming because of cap issues and this could solve that and get us one step closer to the real thing.

I'm not against it as long as it doesn't put a stupid amount of shit on the commish's plates for managing it

Agreed... If it was difficult and confusing I wouldn't even consider it. But it really shouldn't be difficult.

So, here we go:

Expansion:
We have decided against expansion for the upcoming season.
There will be discussions about going this route for 2017-18, but we thought it'd be better to go with 14 teams for another season.

The Cap:
The cap will remain at +20% of the NHL's.

Minor Leagues:
This will be increased by five and capped at 30.

Weekly GP Limits:
48/24/8 it is... because it's easier to track, we've gone from 4C/4W/4F to 12F.

Nothing has been 100% finalized but we're leaning towards implementing this for the coming season.

Thanks to the few of you who replied.

Also, we're looking for a replacement GM... if you have anyone in mind (or you're creeping on the board and are interested), let us know.

Another thing we should do is see if we can set this up as a sub forum for the existing fantasy league sub forum for the Leafs board. I know that everyone in this league isn't from the Leafs board, but most of us are and those who aren't definitely tour the Leafs board more than they do the fantasy section...the post and view counts on these threads here are extremely low.

Another thing we should do is see if we can set this up as a sub forum for the existing fantasy league sub forum for the Leafs board. I know that everyone in this league isn't from the Leafs board, but most of us are and those who aren't definitely tour the Leafs board more than they do the fantasy section...the post and view counts on these threads here are extremely low.

I thought about that, but I wasn't sure I wanted to clutter that forum any further... but let's give it a shot.

ok taking over some poor souls team. wondering what the standings were last season? curious to get a feel for where each team was

capstandings.jpg

capplayoffs.jpg

Back