• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Offseason Thread - 2016

If the Islanders sign Stamkos, do Tavares & Stamkos have a fight to the death over which of them gets to wear #91?

Seriously though, they would be a very surprising destination. For one, there's the rumblings of Tavares and a bunch of other players being pretty unhappy with the team's present set up, where their practice facility is a one hour+ commute through New York traffic from the rink they actually play in. I also have a hard time picturing Charles Wang and Garth Snow sitting down with Stamkos and laying out a convincing blueprint of how they're going to build a championship team.

Aside from Tavares (who'd be playing on a different line), they don't really have a lot of exciting forwards for him to play with either.

You figured he would have learned his lesson when his fat russian contract ended up worth 3.5-4M by the time the ruble was done tanking. Take short term deal in the NHL, go show what you can do, cash in on long term money next summer.

Oh well, enjoy a 2nd tier league with 3rd tier facilities, etc.
On the upside for Radulov, in the KHL he can probably stay up all night the day before a playoff game drinking, gambling and ****ing strippers without anyone giving him any shit about it. And while the currency he gets paid in may have the value of toilet paper outside of Russia, in Russia he gets to be rich & famous.

Strome, Barzal, Dal Colle, Ho Sang, Beauvillier, Bellows, Golyshev, Pulock, Vande Sompl.

IMO the Islanders have actually been drafting really well and have alot of talent coming in. Their system is pretty deep at this point. Having a 1/2 punch of Tavares/Stamkos would be about as good as any team in the league. Its a good situation. To me that situation is way more appealing than Detroit. And when you consider living in Buffalo vs NYC, its more appealing that Buffalo too.

If the isles signed Stamkos, maybe they're just waiting to relocate to be the 2nd team in Toronto.
I had forgotten about that discussion. Topic of people pushing for a second team in Toronto must have scared the crap out of MLSE. It along with the other factors pushed them towards accepting Shanaplan

Wow, that's pretty bad. How do you **** something like that up so badly?
You do it by being the same guy who thought his willingness to give 15 & 10-year deals to Rick DiPietro & Alexei Yashin made him a revolutionary hockey genius.

I can see the Isles as a legitimate player. They will be looking to replace Okposo (who is as good as gone) and they may be looking to make a splash after stalling in their progression as a team over the last couple of years. May also be a sign to JT that they are serious about winning in hopes of keeping him around.

Honestly at this point, I am not too confident that we are getting Stamkos. Unless he comes at a pretty big hometown discount, I just think there will be too many teams offering more money and I fear the Leafs' brass may want to conserve cap space to beef up the blueline in the coming years. Which is fine, as I went into this offseason wanting at least 1 of Matthews/Stammer. Both would be a luxury at this point.

You do it by being the same guy who thought his willingness to give 15 & 10-year deals to Rick DiPietro & Alexei Yashin made him a revolutionary hockey genius.

heh, ya, but I thought I read that Wang left the building (haven't paid much attention to this, obviously).

Is Wang still the owner?

heh, ya, but I thought I read that Wang left the building (haven't paid much attention to this, obviously).
I'm not sure what Wang's current status is. I know a couple of yeas ago, he sold a big minority stake in the team, and said he'd eventually transition out of being an owner of the team entirely. But the move to the Barclay's Centre in Brooklyn was planned under his watch.

From a Russian reporter : Radulov hasn't & probably won't sign with Salavat, says his agent. Salavat front office says they can't afford him. Who can, at this point?

Bs or not that rumored Rogers deal is apparently not cap circumvention and as long as the contracts are seperate it's within the rules

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Exactly, it's not cap circumventing. You tell stamkos we'll pay you 9.5 but we've already have lined up 3.5 a year from Ford sportschek Rogers and etc so there you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if MLSE could include that in their pitch but if those companies want him in toronto they can and probably already have approached him with offers based on being in toronto.

Back