• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Summer 2016 Transfer Thread

Yeah. There was some speculation bubbling that Bedoya might be moving to MLS, as he was seeking a move this summer to get out of France. I'm pretty sure he never even bothered to report to camp for Nantes, as he's been in and around his home in Miami since the Copa wrapped up. He's been well served by his time in Nantes, but if you aren't playing for PSG, Lyon or Marseilles in League 1, you're just a second class citizen all the way around. At his age, he may as well go for a paycheck.

Mohamed Diame leaves Hull for Newcastle for a £4.5 million fee and a 3 year contract. As of now and unless Hull do something this week, they have 13 senior players available for their opener against Leicester. They're the only team in the league that has not made a first team signing this summer.

A whole lot of moving going on.

The Paul Pogba saga is over. He officially signed with Man U for a record €105 million (£89.3 million/$116.4 million). It's payable over the next two years and can increase by another €5 million based on performance targets. That's a tidy profit for Juventus, who signed him for £800k 4 years ago. He signed a 5 year contract with an optional 6th year.

John Stones has signed with Man City on a 6 year contract for a £42 million fee. UEFA actually broke this by releasing the Man City squad list for the Champions League playoff match next week before City announced it.

Andre Ayew has signed with West Ham for a reported £20 million fee. West Ham have also signed left back Arthur Masuaku from Olympiakos.

Ashley Williams is reportedly in Liverpool for a medical ahead of a reported £12 million move to Everton.

Everton .... they managed to ratchet up Stones' value from the 30 million that Chelsea stuck on last year to 47. They paid the price with Stones craptastic play after he became unsettled, but still. Fairly good business. And Ashley Williams ain't chopped liver as a replacement. He's a short-ish term solution at age 31, but he's a real leader and a solid physical defender. Oh, and Burnley get a cool 7 million quid out of the Stones deal as the development squad.

Ayew adds yet another danger man to the West Ham attack. He was quite good for Swansea last year and is really just now maturing.

Love the Williams signing for Everton. Specially if we are potentially going to play with 3 central defenders.

Not loving the idea of spending £25 to 30 mill on Yannick Bolasie though. We have enough mercurial creative wide men that only play well every third game (Lennon, Mirallas, Deulofeu).

What we don't have is a 2nd striker at all. If Lukaku disappears without replacement we could be in for a long tough season.

Agree with all that. The back 3 looked pretty good against Spurs in the opener, but as hard as he worked, Deulofeou up top by himself was umm ... not great. Without Lukaku they end up with three very similar players up front ... none of who can receive and finish in and around the box. Bolassie adds depth out wide, but as you say they've already got that covered with Lennon off the bench and Kone is basically the same. Don't get that one really.

The Bolasie signing is complete. He gets a 5 year deal, transfer fee rumored to be 25 million pounds.

It also looks like Joe Hart is on his way out at Man City. The Manchester Evening News reports that a deal is almost done to bring in Claudio Bravo in from Barcelona, after he lost out to ter Stegen to be the starter there. Everton and Sevilla are reportedly interested in Hart. Sevilla has a ticket to the UCL Group Stage by virtue of winning last year's Europa League.

Wouldn't mind Hart at Everton.

All Everton highlights on MiB would start in the entrance tunnel.

Speaking of which, were they on last night? Didn't see the schedule and forgot. I don't see anything on their website, or NBCSN's.

All Everton highlights on MiB would start in the entrance tunnel.

Speaking of which, were they on last night? Didn't see the schedule and forgot. I don't see anything on their website, or NBCSN's.

I believe that MiB are not starting their weekly TV nonsense until after the Olympics.

Nonsense? Don't knock it. My wife couldn't care less about soccer until MiB. Now she follows their Twitter feed.

Nonsense? Don't knock it. My wife couldn't care less about soccer until MiB. Now she follows their Twitter feed.

Just carrying on in the tone of Rog and Davo. They do call it the crap-est show on television. I've been a fan since their Sirius/XM radio days.

My wife on the other hand thinks they're morons. So count yourself lucky on that score.

Back