• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Summer 2016 Transfer Thread

Rangers have confirmed midfielder Jordan Rossiter will join the club in the summer from Liverpool.

England Under-19 cap Rossiter, 19, has agreed a four-year deal.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36291686

rossiterrangerscrop.jpg

Nice to see Rangers getting some business done early.

Rangers have made a move to sign Burnley midfielder Joey Barton on a free transfer this summer.

The 33-year-old was shown round the club's Auchenhowie training ground on Saturday. Talks will continue and a deal could be imminent.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36293572

Has played some stellar stuff this year so provided he has that temper of his in check then I can see the logic in the move.

More Zlatan in my life would make me happy. I do hope he comes to England.

Also, is he somehow the most underrated star of his era? He has won everywhere he's gone and has been so good for such a long time period.

Nothing official on Joey Barton to Rangers yet but he did tweet this today

"Tough decision but it's now made. Onwards and upwards from here. #Rollupandspendyourlastdime."

The Hash Tag reference is to Penny Arcade, pretty popular fan song at Ibrox that one.

He scored 50 for PSG this year.

And yet is never mentioned in conversations with Ronaldo or Messi. His team has won the league a staggering 13 times in his career. Since joining Ajax, he's only had three seasons in his entire career where his team did not win the league. He's still going strong as one of the best players on earth late into his thirties. His only real knock has been not doing much on the international level, but Messi and Ronaldo haven't either and they have far better supporting casts.

And yet is never mentioned in conversations with Ronaldo or Messi. His team has won the league a staggering 13 times in his career. Since joining Ajax, he's only had three seasons in his entire career where his team did not win the league. He's still going strong as one of the best players on earth late into his thirties. His only real knock has been not doing much on the international level, but Messi and Ronaldo haven't either and they have far better supporting casts.

Mostly down to Ibra having an even bigger and more annoying ego than Ronaldo. Which almost seems impossible yet is somehow still true. I think the guy is a ton of fun, but he's GOT to be hard to take in large doses.

Back