• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

4 oz gloves y'all.

Stipe bad game plan. Not nearly enough movement and striking from range. Spent almost the entire round in DC's kitchen and got knocked out.

DC says flat out in the post fight interview, that they spotted a flaw in Stipe's clinch game and exploited it.

Stipe should have stayed out of DC's kitchen.

Well that was full blown ridiculous.

****ing Dana will let this shit become WWE if it means a half dozen extra PPV buys.

That was awesome. The whole card minus Ngannou vs Lewis was great. Ngannou looks done.

DC tho. Wow. The Lesnar angle was too obvious. $$$

Yep, ****ing terrible. The last thing the best HW champ in UFC history deserved at the end of that fight was to have a USADA refugee call him a piece of shit.

Yea but you're still going to watch it.

Interesting Dana calling out Ngannou about his ego considering he was the one blowing air into his head.

He looked done imo. Mentally done.

Yea but you're still going to watch it.

If UFC starts to slide too heavy towards that nonsense, no I won't. UFC needs to be very careful with this shit, turn off enough fight fans who have zero interest in that WWE bullshit and an outfit like Bellator could easily pick up steam.

Interesting Dana calling out Ngannou about his ego considering he was the one blowing air into his head.

He looked done imo. Mentally done.

Yeah, Ngannou looked like a guy who has lost his will to fight.

I have a feeling Vince/Dana (mainly Dana) are misjudging how much fan crossover there actually is between WWE/UFC

UFC fans as a rule hate fake garbage, and WWE hasn't been about wrestling in ages.

I have a feeling Vince/Dana (mainly Dana) are misjudging how much fan crossover there actually is between WWE/UFC

UFC fans as a rule hate fake garbage, and WWE hasn't been about wrestling in ages.

Judging by the forum/online chatter I'm seeing, there's almost a 50/50 split between "Stop with this WWE bullshit" and "LOLZ, that's Brock Lesnar's music!!!!!"

So I think there's a lot of overlap, what I don't think though is that there are a lot of WWE fans who are only casual UFC fans that this will mop up. Brock pulls about 800K-1M buys for his events, which is well above average, but I think it's baked in at this point. You're getting Brock fans, but you're not turning them into UFC fans that will buy better fights involving guys with less notoriety (it's criminal how poorly Might Mouse's fights draw for example..)

Basically, I think Lesnar fights are one time cash grabs that don't grow the brand or the sport. The fact that he's probably the most juiced up fighter in UFC history makes it even worse.

Judging by the forum/online chatter I'm seeing, there's almost a 50/50 split between "Stop with this WWE bullshit" and "LOLZ, that's Brock Lesnar's music!!!!!"

So I think there's a lot of overlap, what I don't think though is that there are a lot of WWE fans who are only casual UFC fans that this will mop up. Brock pulls about 800K-1M buys for his events, which is well above average, but I think it's baked in at this point. You're getting Brock fans, but you're not turning them into UFC fans that will buy better fights involving guys with less notoriety (it's criminal how poorly Might Mouse's fights draw for example..)

Basically, I think Lesnar fights are one time cash grabs that don't grow the brand or the sport. The fact that he's probably the most juiced up fighter in UFC history makes it even worse.

He's arguably just as stale for WWE as well.

Dude is never on TV ( which makes sense to a degree as such a spectacle should be quasi rare, but the fact he's been around for 15 years or so, dampens the spectacle a fair bit) but he also holds the most important strap on the most important show. I'm not sure how big a draw he is to WWE fans anyone on a PPV level, which really is neutered regardless because of the network.

Man I was wishing for DC to get knocked the **** out last night but certainly didn’t happen. Also agree the Lesner shit was terrible hate that idiot.

That is the problem with Lesnar in WWE now. He wrestles so infrequently, when he does they do nothing to help the product. And even the little spike in numbers when he is around is dwindling.

Great entertainment tonight in the UFC.

Aldo with a heck of a body shot to put away Stephens. Not a great gameplan going tit for tat with Stephens but he got the job done.

Joanna put herself back in title contention with a quality fight over Torres. Didn't really dominate the fight though i'm not sure if she has that in her any more.

AND last but not least Pourier put on a clinic at the end to seal the deal. Alvarez was laying shots throughout but another really stupid move cost him the fight. What are you thinking dropping a 12-6 elbow in that position? Are you kidding me? And you have the balls to complain about it at the end? FOH. Pourier looked really good tonight. Could've gone either way but that 12-6 floored me in just how stupid Alvarez is considering what went down the last fight. Cost himself pretty big and probably a couple of fights just to get back into title contention.

All in all it was a great card for free.

-There's levels to this shit..for anyone who thought that maybe Aldo was done and Max's performances against him were partially based on Aldo being less than he was, well Stephens was knocking heads into orbit before running into him. If Max comes back healthy and pieces up Ortega, there's no one else interesting in the division for him to fight. Maybe Zabit if he beats Yair and like 3 other dudes in a row. But it turns into a wasteland in a hurry if Ortega gets smashed.

-Also glad that Poirier sorted that out after Eddie's stupidity in the last fight with the illegal knees (and then chirping DP for not continuing after multiple illegal strikes dropped him) and the 12-6 tonight. Also good to see someone else put themselves legitimately in the conversation for a title shot in the weight class. Khabib-Conor has to happen first, but it's nice to have. Have to sort out Ferguson-Lee-Poirier to see who gets the winner of Khabib-Connor. But LW is shaping up as the most interesting title picture in the UFC.

-Joanna is the undisputed cringeweight champion of the world, all weight classes. Good win, but she spent 20 ****ing minutes in the presser talking about Rose, and how Joanna is the real champion. Joanna should definitely need another win before another title shot though.

That's the worst decision to win a title I've seen in a long, long time.

Cejudo arguably didn't win a single ****ing round and takes the decision? A couple minutes of top control with no damage somehow counted for more than DJ cutting Cejudo twice and smashing his front leg?

UFC needs to fix...or stop fixing...it's judging.

Even more stunning....under the newish unified rules that were in effect for this fight, takedowns with no effective pressure aren't supposed to count towards the scoring. Gone are the days where completing a take down and just holding your opponent down is supposed to win you a round, yet here we are with the new champion landing damn close to zero significant strikes, and winning a title based on a bit of top control where he landed nothing during.

Oh, and TJ Dillashaw is a ****ing killer. Dummied Garbrandt again, but this time in the first round. Beautiful stuff.

Back