• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Insane night for fighting tonight:

Deontay Wilder vs Luiz Ortiz

Ortiz is the better technical boxer, but Wilder is a freak. I've got Wilder by KO to set up the first legit superfight in the division in a long time (Joshua/Wlad was a legit fight, but Wlad was years past his prime and there was no US hype machine behind it, it was a Euro only affair...this would be different). Ortiz is dangerous though, and could put a hell of a cap on a pretty good career for a guy who didn't go pro until he was 30

Kovalev is fighting a Russian tomato can to try to get his groove back after back to back losses in superfights against Ward

and UFC 222 is tonight

Cyborg will assault the random russian she's fighting

Edgar/Ortega is interesting as ****. Ortiz manhandled the last hot prospect put in the ring with him (Yair, if memory serves). But Ortega is an absolutely different story. Insanely dangerous BJJ practitioner. Edgar was able to take Yair down at will and just pound on him, I don't know if Edgar wants to be on the mat against Ortega, even in top position, it's just too easy to make a mistake and have Ortega end the fight quickly. Frankie probably sticks to his boxing, and I think he can beat Ortega there

Yeah I have the UFC 222 prelims on my side monitor. Kinda hoping for an upset in the Cyborg fight, but doubt it'll happen. Can't wait for the Edgar-Ortega fight.

Yeah I have the UFC 222 prelims on my side monitor. Kinda hoping for an upset in the Cyborg fight, but doubt it'll happen. Can't wait for the Edgar-Ortega fight.

Yeah, it's the only fight I really care about tonight. I have a hard time giving much of a **** about very many women's fights, and this card has 3 of them I think. Watching Cyborg beat up a chick isn't very intriguing either.

That dude has scary power

Is he as sloppy as people claim to be?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Yep he is. But he’s basically can’t miss when he fights which is all I ask from my HW. He also has a legit chin which is a huge plus

That dude has scary power

Is he as sloppy as people claim to be?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, he's plenty sloppy.

The Wilder fight is an early candidate for fight of the year

The first 5 rounds was a lot of posturing...business picked up after that though, definitely. There's something about heavyweights that is just different man. 2 legitimate high end HW boxers standing there and bombing on each other is the most exciting thing in all combat sports.

Wilder better not come into his fight against AJ at 214 pounds though....he always has a punchers chance, but I don't think Joshua will miss the opportunity Ortiz missed to put Wilder away in the middle rounds when he was hurt. Wilder is always there to be hit if you're willing to risk standing on the tracks.

Wilder - Joshua will be THE fight to watch. Wilder proved even more what kind of animal he is in terms of power. Sloppy for sure but if those hands touch you...night night.

Cyborg destroyed that Russian chick. I hate Cyborg but shes a beast. I seriously can't tell if she's a man or not. Adam's apple, jawline, neck girth. Steroids and test boosts for sure throughout her career. I can't wait til she meets her match though it seems as if that won't happen EVER.

Ortega beating Edgar last night was huge. Edgar was doing great until he got caught with that elbow. Unfortunate but thats the fight game. Ortega-Holloway should be an excellent fight. Holloway probably takes it but Ortega showed last night that he belongs in the convo. I kind of wanted to see Edgar get another shot but it seems like that won't be happening for a while.

Besides breaking his foot O'malley showed that hes a promising up and comer. He was destroying whatever his name is. Poor cage awareness did the guy in but he was getting destroyed up to that point on the feet.

Back