• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Light Heavyweight is ****ed with Jones probably banned, and Gustafsson hurt. There's no one in the division worth putting in the ring with DC for a title shot. Glover gets smashed every time he faces a legit top fighter in the division. Manuwa got murdered by Volkan and doesn't have the wrestling to manage DC. OSP has semi recent losses to all of Glover, Manuwa, and Volkan.

It's a division that isn't fun until Gustafsson is healthy or Jones is reinstated.

The other thing is the age of the division...Manuwa is 37, OSP 34, Glover is 38, Shogun is 36. Volkan is the only active contender in the division under 30 and his game has a pile of big ass holes in it. It's a division that needs new blood shortly.

If Jones is banned, and DC just gets old, this is going to be Gustafsson and Volkan's division...and Gustafsson would kill him.

Whoever wins this fight is legitimately a bad mofo.

I have a feeling that Ngannou knocks Stipe out.

Massive statement round by Stipe.

Ngannou can end this with one punch, but he isn't steam rolling Stipe.

Stipe was thinking he could just toy with him.... then he got tagged and was like **** this... let's go to the ground.

Good call Mindz. Miocic managed to avoid any really big shots.

I just didn't see him steam rolling Miocic and it's the same with all the one dimension knock out artists, once they lose their wind the first time they're way less dangerous. If Stipe was a pure boxer I'd have been way more bullish on Ngannou being able to take him out in rounds 2-4 but knowing that Stipe was going to go to the Cain Velasquez school of drowning you in deep waters, this is kind of what I expected (though I didn't think Ngannou would survive 5 rounds of that....Stipe was gassed early too or else this is a middle round stoppage)

I'll say this though...Ngannou wold smash anyone else in the division and if he puts in the right wrestling work (seriously, this guy probably spends 10 minutes a week tops working from his back) will dummy Miocic in the rematch. Ngannou's ceiling is incredible, he just wasn't ready for this type of fight.

DC and Miocic to coach TUF then fight for the HW title at 226 in Vegas

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

DC and Miocic to coach TUF then fight for the HW title at 226 in Vegas

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lol...after DC spent all week talking about how he's too small to go back to HW, how that fight wasn't on his radar etc.

Interesting match though. I wonder what kind of cardio a 225 to 235 DC is going to have at 39 years old though. He doesn't so much cut as he does work his balls off every day to fight his genetic predisposition to pack on pounds.

A legend resume fight for both though...interesting as he'll

Yeah the way he's finished the last two fights has been scary. Flying knee on Wiedman and put Ruckhold to sleep, with a broken leg no less.

Back