• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Montana

Champion
Too lazy to find the old thread...

That Extreme Rules main event was lit.

252_RULES_05222016jg_1370--416ce23944f982eb9f8b3674d8fef3c9.jpg

Last edited:
I ebb and flow with WWE right now. But I'll check RAW more often with Rollins back. I've mainly just been watching NXT.

I ebb and flow with WWE right now. But I'll check RAW more often with Rollins back. I've mainly just been watching NXT.

Raw is pretty janky at the best of times, but I'll throw it on in the background while working out.....Majority of the PPVs have been pretty great for a while now, tho.

NXT & NJPW have been killing it, with in ring product by a decent margin.....although tonight had a couple 4 star matches.

Last edited:
[video]https://streamable.com/efdb[/video]

Pretty solid WMMA fight from the other night....some great BJJ transitions.

Broad is just 5 months removed from having a kid too.

I'm lukewarm on WWE. Some nights I love it, some nights its so meh.

Huge on ROH right now. The Global Wars show in Toronto was great.

Anyone else hear that Survivor Series is gonna be in Toronto? thats Dave Meltzer's rumor.

Survivor Series is confirmed at ACC for November

Extreme Rules was awesome, Rollins return at the end should lead to am interesting RAW tonight

That's pretty huge.....I'll tune in to that, given its Mauro calling the action.

Wonder if Shane will ultimately be given control of one of the shows irl, as his departure from the company originally was centered around Vince not listening to his creative ideas (like having a NXT type indie brand).....

Give Shane, Paul Heyman, or HHH full creative control of Smackdown to turn it into a more 'pro wrestling' (instead of 'sports entertainment') product, ala Mid South, NXT, etc.....and you have a program specifically targeted to the older indie crowd of the IWC.

Some big potential with such a move....intrigued to see how it pans out.

So if the Mayweather vs McGregor report is true what kind of buys are we looking at?

Hard to take it serious but I can imagine both fanbases will tune in to see how McGregor can handle himself and how fast Mayweather puts him away

So if the Mayweather vs McGregor report is true what kind of buys are we looking at?

Hard to take it serious but I can imagine both fanbases will tune in to see how McGregor can handle himself and how fast Mayweather puts him away

It will be a joke, and a huge pay day all at the same time. I don't think it would match Mayweather/Pacman but it wouldn't be far off of it imo

I just wish that Canelo ducking GGG was getting more attention, that's a superfight that would be huge for boxing.

It will be a joke, and a huge pay day all at the same time. I don't think it would match Mayweather/Pacman but it wouldn't be far off of it imo

Totally....would be an Ali/Inoki 2 type clown show.

...but it's not gonna happen anyway tho, I suspect it's just some wise marketing on the part of Mayweather & Conor to get some free publicity, cross market themselves and build their respective brands a little.

Fight itself might be of the last interesting scraps I can think of too....Mayweather wipes the floor with Conor in a boxing match, on a similar level that Conor would massacre Floyd in a MMA fight.

I just wish that Canelo ducking GGG was getting more attention, that's a superfight that would be huge for boxing.

It's all part of the show....if they made the fight the second people wanted it, they'd be losing millions in free publicity. Canelo dropping the belt & "ducking" GGG all plays into maximizing the buys they'll ultimately get for that fight.

Gonna be great when it happens tho, can't f*cking wait....will be a Corrales-Castillo, Vasquez-Marquez type war......unless GGG just walks through him, which is also more than possible.

Everyone would watch, and everyone involved would make **** tons of money. Both guys transcend their sports. Thats the only reason it could happen. Mcgreggor isn't pulling in that kind of pay day from the UFC.

He's also under contract with the UFC, and it can't happen without them being the ones to make/promote the fight.

Which Mayweathers people (I suspect) wouldn't allow.......if you thought rival boxing promoters making super fights between their respective promotions was a nightmare, try adding the extra variable of choosing which sport the fight would take place in, to the mix.

Keep in mind, one side would basically be signing up to get embarrassed, by fighting under the other guys rules.....and would justifiably want to be compensated considerably extra as a result, etc etc.

Colin Cowherd swears he has sources claiming this fight is happening September 17th......but my logic-radar says it's a dream that won't come to fruition.

It's all part of the show....if they made the fight the second people wanted it, they'd be losing millions in free publicity. Canelo dropping the belt & "ducking" GGG all plays into maximizing the buys they'll ultimately get for that fight.

Gonna be great when it happens tho, can't f*cking wait....will be a Corrales-Castillo, Vasquez-Marquez type war......unless GGG just walks through him, which is also more than possible.

I want to believe this, but ducking GGG is kind of a thing. Canelo is such a draw with Mexican fans that he's big money regardless of who he fights, if you're De La Hoya, you try to drag this out for as long as you can so that an in prime, late 20's Canelo is facing a hopefully declining 37-38 yr old GGG. Because yeah, at present, GGG probably walks right through him.

Canelo is such a draw with Mexican fans that he's big money regardless of who he fights, if you're De La Hoya, you try to drag this out for as long as you can so that an in prime, late 20's Canelo is facing a hopefully declining 37-38 yr old GGG.

Yeah, it's gonna happen just a matter of when.....If I had to wager; my guess is that it's one of Canelo's next 3 fights.

Either they make that bank now, or as you eluded to, milk that cash cow for a couple more easy paydays....and then fight GGG.

...and in fareness to Canelo, with a little extra time, he might then be more physically prepared to make the move to 160 properly, and we can put to bed all this catch weight nonsense.

Apparently Zuffa is selling the UFC, so a billion super fight that raises its profile isn't so far fetched an idea for them at this stage.

It would be a boxing match, all of Floyd's fights have been calculated, there is no way he signs up to get his ass kicked in MMA. But I think Conor would sign up to get his ass kicked for $100 mill.

Like I said, thats the only reason this thing kind of makes sense. There is just so much money on the table.

Back