• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Thread of Game of Thrones (spoilers inside)

Re: Thread of Game of Thrones

I think they just picked up varys on the way to king's landing.

Re: Thread of Game of Thrones

Just finished re-watching the episode...breathtaking.

Wonderfully executed entertainment. Who knew TV could be this good?

Re: OT: Movies/TV Shows

Game of Thrones in a few days
That definitely snuck up on me pretty quick.

It helps that I've been carefully avoiding every trailer and mention of the upcoming season online, out of a fear of spoilers.

Should not really be any spoilers at this point as the show is ahead of the books now and the actors will be murdered if they spill the beans on anything.

Speaking of spoilers....sorta but not really

i never really considered this

from a GRR Martin interview

And Jon Snow, too, is drained by the experience of coming back from the dead on the show.

Right. And poor Beric Dondarrion, who was set up as the foreshadowing of all this, every time he’s a little less Beric. His memories are fading, he’s got all these scars, he’s becoming more and more physically hideous, because he’s not a living human being anymore. His heart isn’t beating, his blood isn’t flowing in his veins, he’s a wight, but a wight animated by fire instead of by ice, now we’re getting back to the whole fire and ice thing.
http://time.com/4791258/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-interview/

The show doesn't give us the subtle angle.

images

Ep1 is basically a recap of all the storylines ... not much surprises except the first 3 min of the episode (which was nice ... won't spoil it for those who haven't watched it)

Looking forward to the rest of the season, but sad to know that was 1/7 of Season 7 already :(

Solid start.

It feels like there's very little story left to tell. I wonder how they'll fill up the time.

Still a lot of side stories going on that should fill a lot of time.

The big one being the build up to Snow and Daenerys finally realizing they are blood will be a big one (Bran being the crucial piece in this) I think will be the main story this season..

That could play out until the last episode or drag into next season

Still a lot of side stories going on that should fill a lot of time.

The big one being the build up to Snow and Daenerys finally realizing they are blood will be a big one (Bran being the crucial piece in this) I think will be the main story this season..

That could play out until the last episode or drag into next season
The first episode seemed to sow the seeds for them potentially linking up fairly early on.

First, you had Jon mention in his speech that their most pressing need was dragonglass to fight the walkers. Then, Sam discovers there's a hidden mountain of dragonglass on Dragonstone, and he writes to Jon about it. And then of course...guess who lands at Dragonstone at the end of the episode?

The big question is how much Daenerys & Cersei (and Euron, I suppose) are going to **** things up in Westeros before either getting killed, or figuring out who the real enemy is.

I want to see how Jorah Mormont plays into this. Not sure if everyone caught onto him near the end.

Night Kings army though... yeeesh.

I want to see how Jorah Mormont plays into this. Not sure if everyone caught onto him near the end.

Night Kings army though... yeeesh.
Yeah, that was an unexpected appearance.

Ser FriendZone doesn't appear to be doing well in his quest for the cure....

goddamit you guys.
C'mon now, when a GOT season is going on, you should know to avoid this thread like the plague until you've watched the latest episode.

Back