• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Thread of Game of Thrones (spoilers inside)

Guys, please let's not post here about it before the episode hits. It'll inevitably spawn discussion and people will inadvertently let something slip.

Or Sunday watchers can just not enter till Sunday night. Either way. Just let's decide.

Yeah, I would've preferred to wait until Sunday, but because such a high-quality, full version of the episode leaked so early in the week, I decided I didn't want to spend the next few days dodging spoilers, especially since, so far during the run of this show, the last couple of episodes in a GOT season can tend to be pretty eventful.

But until Sunday night, I'm not going to give any indication on here about what happened in the episode, or what I think about it, out of respect for those that are holding off.

saying that - where do you get the high quality downloads? projectfree's are pretty mediocre.

Since the thread is dead till Sunday night...how about a little history lesson from the geeks?

I was wondering, who are all of these dead people that the WWs turned into wights? If everyone is on the other side of the wall, how did they amass their army? And what the hell is up there in the north where they've been all this time?

The other thing I never fully understood is why the wildlings were on the other side of the wall. Weren't they concerned about sitting there unguarded against the WWs to the north?

Since the thread is dead till Sunday night...how about a little history lesson from the geeks?

I was wondering, who are all of these dead people that the WWs turned into wights? If everyone is on the other side of the wall, how did they amass their army? And what the hell is up there in the north where they've been all this time?
Mostly wildlings. Remember earlier in the series, when the "King beyond the wall" was leading tens of thousands of wildlings to go south of the wall? They got to the point where they were desperate enough to do that because the white walkers and dead men had been steadily killing them off.

In the show, it also seems like another large portion of their army are people who've been dead for centuries, but buried in the snow. And there was also that episode a couple of seasons where Jon went to "Hardhome" to convince the thousands of wildlings gathered there to come south with him, before the army of the dead swarmed in, killed all of them and then resurrected them in front of Jon's eyes.

[video=youtube;ozkHwFG91AI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozkHwFG91AI[/video]

The other thing I never fully understood is why the wildlings were on the other side of the wall. Weren't they concerned about sitting there unguarded against the WWs to the north?
Nope, they weren't. According to the history of the show, by the start of the series, the last time anyone had seen a white walker was 8,000 years ago. So, after the passage of that amount of time, pretty much everyone in the world dismissed them as mythical creatures that either never really existed in the first place, or weren't ever coming back.

That's why Jon and Sam have been having so much trouble convincing people they're actually real.

I'm having a hard time not letting the stupidity of this mission ruin the season for me.

I'm having a hard time not letting the stupidity of this mission ruin the season for me.

A lot of holes in the storyline that are head scratchers but the last 2 episodes are so full of entertainment I don't care

I broke down and d/l it. Going to watch it after the kids in bed. Hate getting interrupted during GoT.

Back