• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Thread of Game of Thrones (spoilers inside)

I'm having a hard time not letting the stupidity of this mission ruin the season for me.

This is the problem I'm having. There's been some damn entertaining action, and I generally like where the story is going, but it feels like a lot of the time they're getting there in the stupidest possible way.

Like...it was just so obvious from the outset that the mission north of the wall was ridiculously dumb, and as expected, it turned out about as bad as it possibly could have. For me, that took some of the impact of one of the dragons getting turned into a wight.

I'm also not sure why they didn't just write it so Daenerys didn't just decide on her own that their plan was stupid and hop on her dragon to save them. Because like...were they standing there encircled by the dead for a week or two? Or can dragons and Westerosi ravens fly at the speed of light?

Don't forget Gendry turning into Forest Gump and running forever in -800

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Was it me or did Aryas speech to Sansa sound a lot like Littefinger? Maybe I'm hearing things but what she said and how she said it was very Baelish like

I'm genuinely enjoying this. Sure, not everything is 100% realistic but overall it's still a great ****ing story. Zombie dragons, man.

and it's totally jon's fault that a dragon died. what the **** was he doing? jump on the ****ing dragon you dummy. and of course this whole mission is his fault too.

he is the worst.

Any calls on who bites it in the finale?

I'll go with

Littlefinger
Euron
Grey Worm
Podrick
Brienne

Most confident with top on down.

I would love it if LF killed Arya though

I've started to get the feeling that none of the major ones are dying this season.

But if they do kill, it'll just be one. And almost certainly it'll be by Cersei's hand. Since I don't think Dany is at that meeting next week, my top odds go to Tyrion actually.

I have to process this episode.

Some immediate questions. Did the third dragon fly off and away after the kill? I didn't see him at all after that, as Drogon was circling the Wall alone. They mined the dragonglass but didn't use it in the fight? Why didn't the Night King take the first shot at Drogon and Dany rather than the other dragon? Just convenient that there was only one wight that wasn't turned by the WW and thus crumbled upon his death? Where was Hardhome in relation to their site tonight, that much more north that it's taken an eternity for the dead to march to this spot? And why are they just walking when they can pretty clearly move fast if they want to? Can the Night King raise all the wights they kill too?

Interesting rules emerged though. Kill the WW and kill his turned wights, kill the Night King and kill them all. Hurt one wight and they all seem to feel something? Dragon fire didn't seem to harm the Night King when he walked through it. Fire definitely destroys wights though.

Prediction for last scene of this season?

Night King simply flies over the Wall with his new toy, destroys everything in sight and opens the gate with the dead pouring through and off to destroy civilization.

and it's totally jon's fault that a dragon died. what the **** was he doing? jump on the ****ing dragon you dummy. and of course this whole mission is his fault too.

he is the worst.
He also royally ****ed up in the "Battle of the Bastards" last season by charging off alone after Rickon, and forcing his army to run right into Ramsey's trap to save his ass.

The only thing he's done right lately, apparently, is get Daenerys to have a crush on him.

Any calls on who bites it in the finale?

I'll go with

Littlefinger
Euron
Grey Worm
Podrick
Brienne

Most confident with top on down.

I would love it if LF killed Arya though

Brienne is killed by the Mountain which leads to Tormund going ape shit which then turns into a showdown between the Hound and the Mountain

And LF turns out to be a faceless man

Back