• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Rio 2016 Olympics

The failure is when one of our young stars does not show up alledging he is getting ready to win a championship with His team!!!
the timberwolves that won 29 games and lost 53!!!
A quitter or an idiot?? i dont know

The failure is when one of our young stars does not show up alledging he is getting ready to win a championship with His team!!!
They failed last year when they choked.

He was amongst the leaders of total minutes played in the NBA last year. Probably had a lot of pressure from his team to take it easy during the off season and work on getting stronger instead of playing more. I watched the game today and I dont think Wiggins would have made a difference. France was too good. They failed when they had an easier opponent to beat to make it to Rio, Venezuela , and lost.

add Jamal Murray as a big loss as well

They failed last year when they choked.

Fully agree on that. But discussing todays loss, it started when a few primadona's let their country down.
Thomson, while not my fav player, did join after a very long championship run.
So for someone to bring the amount of min wiggins played is very very weak.

Fully agree on that. But discussing todays loss, it started when a few primadona's let their country down.
Thomson, while not my fav player, did join after a very long championship run.
So for someone to bring the amount of min wiggins played is very very weak.

Yep, but Thompson doesnt play max minutes and his role with his team is very well defined. Wiggins is expected to lead his team next year and needs to get physically stronger, he has a lot of responsibility coming his way. I dont completely condone his decision , but only he knows how difficult it was.

In 1996, the Summer Olympics were held in the United States. The biggest event of the Games, as always, was the men’s 100m final. Canadian sprinter Donovan Bailey won gold, shattering the world record in the process, at which point the Americans decided that the 100m final wasn’t that important anyway, and that it was actually the 4x100m relay that mattered. Purely coincidentally, that was an event their team had literally never lost except for failed handoffs. So Bailey and his team-mates, one of whom had the words “blast off” shaved into his head, went out and won that race easily, at which point the Americans decided that the 4x100m also didn’t matter, because now it was the 200m that really counted, and Michael Johnson was dominating that. So Bailey challenged Johnson to a special 150m challenge race, then smoked him so badly that Johnson faked an injury halfway through and Bailey called him a chicken and threatened to “kick his ass”, at which point Americans decided that maybe they’d just start really getting into Will Smith movies and Pokemon.

- https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/jul/27/canada-summer-olympics-lack-of-medals-reasons

For a guy who doesn't care you sure post a lot about something you don't care about.

How about this? If you don't care about the Rio Olympics, DON'T POST in the thread called the Rio Olympics.

I don't care about mlb and you will never find me posting in that thread because I really don't care.

Just because I don't care about something doesn't mean I have no opinion about it.

And by the way, it's not just the Rio Olympics. It's any and all Olympics wherever they are held. The IOC is so corrupt they make FIFA look like model corporation. Anything that rotten should be banned from existing and no city or country should want to have anything to do with it. Whatever the Games might have once been they stopped being that a long time ago. Now it's just a two week orgy for the rich and powerful funded by the taxpaying peasants.

Just because I don't care about something doesn't mean I have no opinion about it.

And by the way, it's not just the Rio Olympics. It's any and all Olympics wherever they are held. The IOC is so corrupt they make FIFA look like model corporation. Anything that rotten should be banned from existing and no city or country should want to have anything to do with it. Whatever the Games might have once been they stopped being that a long time ago. Now it's just a two week orgy for the rich and powerful funded by the taxpaying peasants.
Go start a anti IOC topic then.

Instead of you know, ruining it for those who will actually watch it.

Back