• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

You clearly are incapable of understanding my point.

In December when His Highness claims he thought Price would be back in January, he did nothing when it was obvious Condon could not do the job. You are making out like somehow he knew we would have the worst two month stretch in league history, fall to the bottom etc so therefore he did nothing. The fact we ended up with Sergachev does not justify his lack of action.

If he knew Pricd would not be back, then he deliberately lied to us.

He did get Scrivens in December. :couch

If he truly knew that Price was out for the season then I don't blame him to have stayed put.

Even then, this team wasn't going anywhere without some acquisition at the deadline. If he had spent all his picks an prospects on a goalie then we wouldn't have been able to get that deadline acquisition. Still I'd like to think that a guy like Reimer wouldn't have cost that much.

In December when His Highness claims he thought Price would be back in January, he did nothing when it was obvious Condon could not do the job. You are making out like somehow he knew we would have the worst two month stretch in league history, fall to the bottom etc so therefore he did nothing. The fact we ended up with Sergachev does not justify his lack of action.

I'm not Bergevin but I would guess he had no idea if and/or when price would be coming back. Why give up prospects and or draft picks if you don't know if your star goalie is even coming back? In hindsight, a prudent move.

And knowing what you do now, you would have given up prospects, draft picks, the return on Fleishman and weise, and a draft pick at #9 for a week of playoff action, or worst, to finish right outside the wildcard spot?

Your argument would have made sense if price came back near the end of the season, fully ready to go and we missed the playoffs by a few points. Then yes, Bergevin should have found a stopgap. As it stands he made the good decision to stand pat and came up smelling like roses because price was done and the Habs would have wasted prospects and draft picks and draft placement on a goalie that couldn't deliver us to the cup.

I also don't give a damn about how much he lies to us. His job isn't to tell fans the truth. His job is to build the hockey team that can win a cup. If he's a pathological liar while doing so I couldn't care less. I don't believe most of what comes out of his mouth anyways.

Case in point" I'm not shopping subban"

Last edited:
I'm not Bergevin but I would guess he had no idea if and/or when price would be coming back. Why give up prospects and or draft picks if you don't know if your star goalie is even coming back? In hindsight, a prudent move.

And knowing what you do now, you would have given up prospects, draft picks, the return on Fleishman and weise, and a draft pick at #9 for a week of playoff action, or worst, to finish right outside the wildcard spot?

Your argument would have made sense if price came back near the end of the season, fully ready to go and we missed the playoffs by a few points. Then yes, Bergevin should have found a stopgap. As it stands he made the good decision to stand pat and came up smelling like roses because price was done and the Habs would have wasted prospects and draft picks and draft placement on a goalie that couldn't deliver us to the cup.

I also don't give a damn about how much he lies to us. His job isn't to tell fans the truth. His job is to build the hockey team that can win a cup. If he's a pathological liar while doing so I couldn't care less. I don't believe most of what comes out of his mouth anyways.

Case in point" I'm not shopping subban"
If the team he is building hits the toilet because goalie goes down, he is doing a good job of building now is he?

What I would do in hindsight is beside the point.

At the time I would have tried to shore up goaltending.

Last edited:
If the team he is building hits the toilwt because goalie goes down, he is doing a good job of building now is he?

What I would do i hindsighr is beside the point.

Clearly he was not very happy with the way his team was built, hence the changes this summer.

If the team he is building hits the toilwt because goalie goes down, he is doing a good job of building now is he?

What I would do i hindsighr is beside the point.

So you would have screwed up our future for average goaltending on a team built around their goalie? I'm happy Bergevin is GM because I would want to fire you much more than I want to fire him.

So you would have screwed up our future for average goaltending on a team built around their goalie? I'm happy Bergevin is GM because I would want to fire you much more than I want to fire him.
Given none of our prospects at the time were considered prime, sure.

A3rd rd choice for Reimer would be meaningless to the future.

If Price was back in January we would have been a couple points out of the playoffs, and a healthy price would have given us a realistic chance to make it. In fact probably would have placed us as favorites to make it.

He also would have saved the cap space necessary to get us a player like Ladd or Hudler or whatever other big RW scorer we needed at the deadline (your december plan wastes that cap space)... giving us the scoring we needed to contend.

Top 10 Defensemen ratings in EA Sports' NHL 17

Drew Doughty (94)
Shea Weber (94)
Duncan Keith (93)
Ryan Suter (93)
Erik Karlsson (92)
Brent Burns (92)
Victor Hedman (92)
Marc-Édouard Vlasic (91)
P.K. Subban (91)
Dustin Byfuglien (91)

I like our chances short term. We're a better team this year than last year, a much tougher team to play against. See no reason we can't make the final out of the East.

We're looking pretty good on paper but I have concerns about our left side on defense and our centers in general after Galchenyuk. They`ll be fine for the regular season but the playoffs will be different.

We're looking pretty good on paper but I have concerns about our left side on defense and our centers in general after Galchenyuk. They`ll be fine for the regular season but the playoffs will be different.

I am really only afraid in nets. I knew we were dependent on Price, but I didn't think it was that much. Granted, it would almost be impossible for us to get worse goaltending next year than we received from Condon, Tokarski and Scrivens.

Back