• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

yep, wrote the article I would have. Hockey players are dull. PK stands out. He wouldn't in other pro sports.

I don't know if hockey players are born dull or if it is pounded into them from a young age. Football and bball guys do not stop celebrating if the score is high. Right from the time my son was 7, he was told if up by X number of goals, no celebrating. Hell in the stands, as parents we basically police each other when the score gets too high and even feel guilty if we cheer when our kid scores a goal when the score differential is high.

Anyone who celebrates too much is told not to, and big mouth players are shunned.

It just carries on.

There is no way on Earth that all 700 or so NHL players are all so dull and have no personality. It is just drilled into them from Initiation hockey

I don't know if hockey players are born dull or if it is pounded into them from a young age. Football and bball guys do not stop celebrating if the score is high. Right from the time my son was 7, he was told if up by X number of goals, no celebrating. Hell in the stands, as parents we basically police each other when the score gets too high and even feel guilty if we cheer when our kid scores a goal when the score differential is high.

Anyone who celebrates too much is told not to, and big mouth players are shunned.

It just carries on.

There is no way on Earth that all 700 or so NHL players are all so dull and have no personality. It is just drilled into them from Initiation hockey

combo. most hockey players/coaches are rural conservative. they control the narrative so they can easily intimidate the count jrs to play the right way.

It just carries on.

Because NHL is a white man game, MLB used to be that way players & management didn't know what to make of the Latinos who were expressive on the field - Roberto Clemente used to get ripped by players & media; as recently as 30-yrs ago Pasquale Perez used to get mocked by players & coaches for his antics.

African American players played the white way following the Jackie Robinson / Hank Aaron lead, until they became a substantial population of players in the 70's/early 80's

Because NHL is a white man game, MLB used to be that way players & management didn't know what to make of the Latinos who were expressive on the field - Roberto Clemente used to get ripped by players & media; as recently as 30-yrs ago Pasquale Perez used to get mocked by players & coaches for his antics.

African American players played the white way following the Jackie Robinson / Hank Aaron lead, until they became a substantial population of players in the 70's/early 80's

Moreover, Swedes and Finns are even whiter than Canadians. Russians are the Latinos but lack the easygoing-ness. We need more Americans in the game. Most Canadians are camera shy.

in the craziest inning in baseball history joey bats was ripped by players and media for flipping a bat

Moreover, Swedes and Finns are even whiter than Canadians. Russians are the Latinos but lack the easygoing-ness. We need more Americans in the game. Most Canadians are camera shy.
Find it interesting American born players are willing & enthusiastic to sign w the Habs as UFAs vs their Canadian / Quebec counterparts

Yup definitely is a cultural thing

I sometimes intv regular folks -- in my experience most Americans were naturals on camera. In Canada, I'd be lucky if I could use 1 out of 10 people I spoke to. That doesn't count all the people who ran the other way.

I sometimes intv regular folks -- in my experience most Americans were naturals on camera. In Canada, I'd be lucky if I could use 1 out of 10 people I spoke to. That doesn't count all the people who ran the other way.
The American system teaches salesmanship.. all about the hustle

Pekka seems to think PK is a good locker room guy.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/pekka-rinne-nashville/

I was hanging out with James Neal when the trade for P.K. happened. And it’s so funny: Before we even could talk about the hockey aspect of it all … before we even could talk about anything … the first thing James says to me — I’ll never forget it. He goes, “Check his Instagram.” So I go to the app on my phone … load up P.K.’s page … and … wait, what? What’s he doing now? I guess P.K. was … somewhere in Europe at the time? And he’s swimming in the water … with a floatie? Shouting, “Let’s go, let’s go, Predators, baby, Predators! Let’s go!” And I just remember turning to James, not even sure what to think, and just being like, “Oh my god. What is this guy doing?”

But take another look, of course, and that video — that’s the best of P.K. in a nutshell: handling a tough situation like a pro, and dealing with adversity in a really positive way.

What surprised me most about P.K., as I got to know him this year, was how laid back he is. I think, just from knowing him only through the media and on social media, and stuff like that … you see him as this big celebrity, almost. This super loud guy. And I think I kind of half expected him to be that same guy in person — showtime all the time. But when you meet him, he’s just a really good dude, easy to talk to, very impressive. And somehow you always leave an interaction with him with a smile on your face. He just does his thing.

And I think that’s how P.K.’s personality — and his level of play, of course — really left its mark on our team this year in a significant way. No matter what happened, on the ice or off, good or bad, all season long — it felt like we hung in there and we kept it positive. We just did our thing.

combo. most hockey players/coaches are rural conservative. they control the narrative so they can easily intimidate the count jrs to play the right way.

Exactly. The majority of hockey players come from bum **** towns these days. Living in mega cities like Toronto makes it difficult to get kid from point A to point B, and the cost is insane and ice-time is brutal.

in the craziest inning in baseball history joey bats was ripped by players and media for flipping a bat

Bat flips happen all the time in baseball.

As David Ortiz said "If you don't want me to bat flip you, don't throw me a meatball."

Carlos Delgado still has the gold standard for Blue Jays bat-flips. He threw his bat like a toothpick after his 4th homerun vs. The Rays. Jose's just happened at a crazy time, during an epic game.

Back