• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

Never seen anyone do that on this board.

It always turns out to be just internet tough guy bluster and idiocy though.

You'd have to be a real moron to threaten to hit someone over a message board.

I have been practicing my drop kicks

if he came back and did what some here and on FB want, he wouldn't make management cringe, if anything he would reinforce in their collective mind, that they did the right thing as he is too brash to wear bleu blanc rouge

Yup, you make a good point about how it would just justify why they dealt him, which is why I said its not in his best interest to be anything but humble id he wins the cup and brimgs it to Montreal.

But I honestly think that management is happy with this deal no matter what goes down.

But Habs fans are fickle these days and extremely hostile, alot of negative energy around this team, It hasnt been this bad since the Gainey days.

He still has alot of suporters that are Habs fans so why would he want rub it in taking into accounts nt how upset we all are

and yes, the Predators are playing well but come on people, they were the 16th seed going into the playoffs. Had that been us, many here would be saying it was a fluke we went this far, not lauding us as the way a team should play.

Some of you guys have WWE on the brain.

IF the Preds win the Cup, Subban will bring the Cup to the kids and say classy things about Montreal ("I loved playing here, I still have a ton of reasons to visit, charity, great friends, etc).

He doesn't have to say anything to "rub it in". Just the sight of the Cup in Montreal will make Bergevin look like a sucker. The media will take care of that. All PK has to do is smile and say "bonjour mes amis" a few times.

and yes, the Predators are playing well but come on people, they were the 16th seed going into the playoffs. Had that been us, many here would be saying it was a fluke we went this far, not lauding us as the way a team should play.

c'mon man. Preds play run n gun. They may never win squat but it's fun to watch.

If any team reminds me of a Habs Cup run, it's the Sens with solid netminding, ridiculous OT magic and defense first, last and always.

I still wonder at times during the Predators game in Montreal when the fans chanted PK and he cried if Molson looked over at Bergevin like Gorbachev did to Ivan Drago's manager in Rocky IV

c'mon man. Preds play run n gun. They may never win squat but it's fun to watch.

If any team reminds me of a Habs Cup run, it's the Sens with solid netminding, ridiculous OT magic and defense first, last and always.
Kane disagreed. Who am I to disagree with a 3 time cup winner?

We should sign Taveres for 10m, resign Price for 10m, resign Max Pac for 8m, and sign Shattenkirk for 7m, resign Radulov 6m,

Any other free agents we could sign ? Maybe Marleau or someone else?

Like so many said, Habs won the trade short term. First 3 months were pretty sweet.

Pierre McGuire was saying today how Habs management (present and past), never get full value in trades (see Halak and Subban).

With Halak, a few GMs came out and said they didn't even know Halak was on the market.....how does this team do business ? Ownership needs to get a hold of things....hire competent people

I think this time MB did get the best value he could for Subban. But it was the decision to trade him in the first place that was stupid.

I think this time MB did get the best value he could for Subban. But it was the decision to trade him in the first place that was stupid.

According to MB he didn't shop Subban so we don't really know. It was David Poile coming up to MB before the draft and floating the name Shea Weber that had MB going into a stall of the men's washroom and pumping his fists furiously before asking Geoffrey if it was okay to trade the fan favorite.

According to MB he didn't shop Subban so we don't really know. It was David Poile coming up to MB before the draft and floating the name Shea Weber that had MB going into a stall of the men's washroom and pumping his fists furiously before asking Geoffrey if it was okay to trade the fan favorite.

if true, then it's unacceptable.

He needed to get a bidding war going for Subban.....even at 9 mil, you would have found teams interested.

This team doesn't know how to do ''hockey'' business

Last edited:
Recall Jim Benning days before the draft coming out publicly stating Subban is being dangled to the highest bidder, then MB furiously denying it to the press at the draft & filing a complaint with the league about leaking such info publicly?

McGuire made a good point that I keep reiterating....this organization has sucked in asset management for 20 years.

If MB didn't want Subban he should have been traded before that deal gets signed, that's what made Subbans value drop.

If Subban gets traded at the right moment we maybe have our 1st line center

Back