• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

3 years older make a huge difference dude, huge.

P.K can play up to age of 40, not sure about Weber.

IMO subban is pretty dependent on his speed and talent

weber is more like markov in that he can rely on his smarts more

I don't mind Weber. For the next 5 years, we probably won't see much difference between both.

If this move bring us a cup, I might forgive them. I will freaking miss Subban, loved to see him fly on this ice.

But they better ****ing win the cup in the next 5 years.

Don't forget, if the Habs don't win a Cup in that window, Therrien & Bergevin are gone. They don't have the luxury of looking at 5 years from now. That's the next m,anagement's concern, or, if MB's lucky, he'll have a ring to to show first.

This is nothing like the Roy trade where we traded a star for 3 spare parts. Weber and PK will prob make the HOF.

Oh I'm pissed, PK was my favorite player, I absolutely loved him. But Weber is still a really good defenseman. If you ask around the league to GM and coaches who they think is the best defenseman of the two, I'm pretty sure you'll get a lot of diverse opinion. We already know that most of the hockey head at Team Canada prefer Weber, and they're not all idiots.

I honestly am okay with the deal
not really that made

if we were going to trade subban I would have only wanted mcdavid or hot karl
but ppl like doughty, weber, etc I would not have traded him for because it was close to a wash

It's not a good deal. The rest of Bergevin's summer better be stellar. I'm still in disbelief. How do you trade Subban for an older, less effective, player? Good Lord.

Bergevin is making these trades (Shaw-Weber) because he cannot get a top 6.......he thinks people will be blinded and excited by the trades and forget all about the top 6.

I cannot believe Molson said ok to this....Weber is gonna be a dead weight cap hit when all this is over !!!!

Don't forget, if the Habs don't win a Cup in that window, Therrien & Bergevin are gone. They don't have the luxury of looking at 5 years from now. That's the next m,anagement's concern, or, if MB's lucky, he'll have a ring to to show first.

He better be making more moves in a hurry. Even if Weber outplays Subban over the next few years, the upgrade we desperately need is in our top 6.

As someone said earlier, one can see Price asking to be traded and then followed by Max......Can't understand the purpose of this trade.

Sooooooooooo many young stars we could have traded for PK......soooo many.....but we get stuck with an albatros contract in Weber

Weber is 30....and has lots of miles on his body....much more than PK will when he gets to 30.

People laughed and criticized me when i said Berg is next to Reggie Houle, now more people realize what i meant!

Even a guy like Gauthier wouldn't do such a move.

Bergevin is making these trades (Shaw-Weber) because he cannot get a top 6.......he thinks people will be blinded and excited by the trades and forget all about the top 6.

Au contraire, MB will face a lot of heat for trading the biggest Hab star in decades.

I cannot believe Molson said ok to this....Weber is gonna be a dead weight cap hit when all this is over !!!!

Molson is dishing out tons of money up front for the next few years but Weber will retire before his salary turns to minimum wage during the last 3 years. Salary does not equal Cap.

Sooooooooooo many young stars we could have traded for PK......soooo many.....but we get stuck with an albatros contract in Weber

Weber is 30....and has lots of miles on his body....much more than PK will when he gets to 30.

This!

Mt will be coaching this team for a very long time regarding what happens.

Disappointing.

The only positive I can take from this is that I really hope MB is in a win now mode.

Pk meant a lot to the fans and did a lot for the city.

Back