• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

Unadvanced stats also point to the fact that McDavid is a great player.

Looking at the WOWY (with or without you) stats.... McDavid is not just team MVP, but league MVP. No one else has splits like him. The Oilers are a bad team with him on the bench and a great one with him on the ice.

hence why Talbot is so important to the oilers - they cant give the guy a night off

but ya - like I have been saying... McDavid is the best player in the NHL

Per Elliotte Friedman:
“And the Canucks have kind of quietly admitted this – but if Montreal thought they could have gotten up to get Dubois – who went to Columbus third overall – I think there’s a chance P.K. Subban is a Vancouver Canuck.”“There were at least three possibilities — Colorado, Edmonton and Vancouver,”. “Canucks GM Jim Benning admitted his interest and had one thing the Canadiens really liked — a better draft position. But 24 hours before the first pick, Bergevin realized there was no way Columbus would let Pierre-Luc Dubois pass them. That damaged the two teams’ ability to make a deal, since he was the prospect Montreal coveted.

I’m not sure Colorado ever got past Subban’s contract. Same with Edmonton. Chiarelli wouldn’t comment, but multiple sources said conversations between the Canadiens and Oilers did not last very long at all. The Oilers did not like the ask, and they know McDavid could become the highest-paid player in the NHL. They were not interested in pairing whatever that number will be with Subban’s $9M.”

where was the thread about how many points subban was going to get?

I think some thought he was going to put up Burns like numbers.

Wait....Chia-Pet was worried about Subban's contract, but then went on to give Lucic 7 years at 6 mil ????

Ok.....
One of the talking heads (Bobby Mac, Dreger, or Friedman) reported McDavid asked Chia-pet specifically for Lucic. #McDavidgetswhatMcDavidwants

Last edited:
I think the Oilers were hoping that Lucic would play with McDavid but Maroon won that battle.

Watching Lucic skate is like watching Dwight King skate...no wonder he can't make anything happen with McDavid

where was the thread about how many points subban was going to get?

I think some thought he was going to put up Burns like numbers.

He's on pace to get career norms for points over 82 games. In the 50-60 range.

Weber is projected to finish with 47, which is also in his career norm range.

Unfortunately I feel the same... Maybe worse about this deal than I did the day it happened.

I don't think Weber is an elite dman anymore. I thought he still had a couple years left but now he seems like a really good #2.

Weber leads all dmen in PP goals....and he's second amongst dmen in goals at 16.

16 goals !!!

That had a lot to do with the decision to trade for him. And he's a great dmen, hard to play against, very predicable for his teammates. I can tell you that Price did not like Subban's unpredictable play in front of him, and Price was very OK with management trading Subban.

Weber is far from finished....and he'll play at a top level for many years to come.

Would I prefer Subban to Weber....sure, because of age.....but it was Subban vs the rest of the locker room. You would have traded the whole team to accommodate Subban personality ?

I don't believe it was Subban vs the whole locker room. The 2015 team was described as a very good, very tight lockerroom. The 2016 team was said to have problems. Guess what? Shit happens when you lose. When teams win, they don't fight; and when they lose, there is finger pointing and jealousy and bullshit. PK was part of both rooms and wasn't a problem previously. Winning cures all. People say that a good lockerroom leads to winning; I think its the other way around, winning leads to a good lockerroom.

On the same token, I think we are really stretching to say that Subban and Price had a bad relationship. Price is good friends with Weber, that doesn't mean he dislikes Subban.

Back