• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

According to MB he didn't shop Subban so we don't really know. It was David Poile coming up to MB before the draft and floating the name Shea Weber that had MB going into a stall of the men's washroom and pumping his fists furiously before asking Geoffrey if it was okay to trade the fan favorite.

I'm not sure about that because apparently Chia pet in Edm said he couldn't afford to take on Subbans contract with the thought of having to sign Mcdavid and Draisitl to big deals sooner than later.

The Molson's have been the death of the Habs since Hartland Molson stopped being involved. His kids are not hockey people. TFG is the worst of the bunch.

Last edited:
But but but "Geoff wants to win"....

Of course he wants to win.

Every owner wants to win.

Even if you think he's motivated by money and his ownership consortium, there is more money in winning than not winning especially in Montreal.

Its not about desire. Its about competence.

Hartland Molson always got the best hockey people he could because he knew that fact. Winning means more money.

These guys can't recognize hockey talent. Plus Harland never gave a crap about the French thing.

Last edited:
Hartland Molson always got the best hockey people he could because he knew that fact. Winning means more money.

These guys can't recognize hockey talent. Plus Harland never gave a crap about the French thing.
It was a different time politically.

Last edited:
P.K shit at MB, MT and organization again in an interview with espn, spot on, on whatever he said honestly :

« Il y a au-delà de 700 joueurs dans la LNH et s’ils étaient tous identiques, à mon avis, ce serait ennuyant. »

« Je n’ai toujours aucune idée pourquoi je ne suis plus un membre des Canadiens de Montréal et, franchement, je m’en fous! »

« Je vais continuer de me présenter à l’aréna et aimer ce que je fais et si tu crois que je ne devrais pas sourire et être moi-même, je suis désolé, mais qui es-tu pour me dire comment vivre ma vie? »

I'm wondering who, besides the French media, care about the French thing. Most fans don't give a shit.

I'm wondering who, besides the French media, care about the French thing. Most fans don't give a shit.

Overall fans might not but if say a new Quebec team came around, if we had an English GM, English coach, I guarantee some would say a true Quebecois cheers for the Quebec team and that we were the team of the English jews

Sure, but the media holds an outsized degree of power. The Habs lost a nothing game at some point last year, and the cover shot was "no francos in the lineup"

This could be countered by an ownership team willing to make an articulate argument that in pro sports, fan experience is paramount even while language takes a back seat to winning...

But I don't see the current ownership group possessing much in the way of intelligence, courage or vision.

If we're winning, nobody would care.

I admit it was a different time in 1979, separatism was on the rise, the Nordiques were the separatist team etc but I wouldn't venture so far as to say nobody would care. Maybe the new generation of X and millenials are not the same as none have been told to speak white at Eaton's but the old guard still hates the English and Reggie Tremblay has his I love the Nordiques because they are de chez nous article all ready for publishing the second the Hurricanes move to la Vielle Capital.

Sure, but the media holds an outsized degree of power. The Habs lost a nothing game at some point last year, and the cover shot was "no francos in the lineup"

This could be countered by an ownership team willing to make an articulate argument that in pro sports, fan experience is paramount even while language takes a back seat to winning...

But I don't see the current ownership group possessing much in the way of intelligence, courage or vision.

True, they don't have the stones when there is no competition in La Vielle Capitale, bring those *******s back and nary a word of English will be spoken on the 7th Floor.

I completely agree. The media in my mind is the problem, with the org being too docile with them. I just think the organization is completely out of touch with their own fans and pay too much attention to what the medias are saying.

I completely agree. The media in my mind is the problem, with the org being too docile with them. I just think the organization is completely out of touch with their own fans and pay too much attention to what the medias are saying.

It's ever since we stopped burning stuff in the streets.

hockey30-2017-05-24-a-20.06.11.png

Back