• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

UFA/RFA Signings: 2016

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
So, make your predictions on who, if anyone , Bergevin will acquire. To make is easy, name two UFA that you're sure he'll go after, one wild-card that you think he may go after and the one player you think he'll sign.

Mine are:

Chasing: Frans Nielsen, Andrew Ladd

Wild-card: Jiri Hudler

Will Sign: Frans Nielsen

Re: 2016 UFA Thread: Predictions and Signings.

He'll sign Ladd to a ridiculous contract.

He may also get Perron.

He will lose out on any free agent that other teams want.

So, make your predictions on who, if anyone , Bergevin will acquire. To make is easy, name two UFA that you're sure he'll go after, one wild-card that you think he may go after and the one player you think he'll sign.

Mine are:

That would actually be a good signing.

I like Ladd. I think he would be a good fit here. I'd give him 4 or 5 years even.

Mine are:

Expect him to resign with Isles

I'm expecting feast or famine. Either MB hits the grand-slam (Stamkos) or it's yet another in the long line of (Briere, Parenteau, Semin) hope to catch lightning in a bottle type move - Perron. & Vrbata.

Claiming that teams don't want Ladd is silly.

Ladd doesn't suck at all. You just have to be careful with his contract.

I didn't mean to imply that no one else wants Ladd. He's the only UFA coveted by other teams that we have any chance at signing because of his relationship with Bergevin. But he's likely the only one. Any other top-tier free agent that attracts attention from someone else we have no chance to get. We can get Perron because his stock is low.

I'll say David Perron and Jamie Mcginn

I don't want Vrbata or anyone tainted with Canuckness.

Being that MB has had a chub for Vrbata in the past I could see this happening. With all the talk about Ship and getting Shaw I dont think we're getting any of the top name forwards. Prepare for another dull summer folks...

Perron and Ladd i agree with WeHave on this.

It seems each year he is in mission to get a petit gars de chez nous, doesn't matter what..

I'd love to get Frans Nielson. All depends on the asking price, however...

Perron and Ladd i agree with WeHave on this.

It seems each year he is in mission to get a petit gars de chez nous, doesn't matter what..

Nothing wrong with signing Perron as top-9 depth. But we definitely still need someone better than him as well. Perron and Ladd would be totally fine by me.

Nothing wrong with signing Perron as top-9 depth. But we definitely still need someone better than him as well. Perron and Ladd would be totally fine by me.

I agree, just not Perron alone.

I'm expecting feast or famine. Either MB hits the grand-slam (Stamkos) or it's yet another in the long line of (Briere, Parenteau, Semin) hope to catch lightning in a bottle type move - Perron. & Vrbata.

agreed Sal

I can also see a push for Nichushkin from Dallas

Nichushkin is a pipe dream. Players on elc are rarely traded.

Back