• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Alexander Radulov to one-year, $5.75M deal

oh please
this happens all the time

ball player looking at his glove after missing a ball
player blaming his stick after a terrible shot

It's a bit like saying every kid is capable of being a brat... Sure, but some are more exhausting than others. I think PK is always on full PK mode. As fans, we enjoy him in small doses, but his teammates/staff never got a break. Until now.

It's a bit like saying every kid is capable of being a brat... Sure, but some are more exhausting than others. I think PK is always on full PK mode. As fans, we enjoy him in small doses, but his teammates/staff never got a break. Until now.

oh I get it

I am the one that has been saying for years that subban rubs his teammates the wrong way - even his teammates in short tournaments.....

Max will miss him and ask to be traded to the Preds. It'll be the 3rd act in a hockey bromantic comedy.

I think the real difference is that people wanted to have a reason to hate PK. If he gave you a reason, no matter how small, people ran with it.

flashback

RDS, TSN and some nervous nellies thought we overpaid

Most of us were psyched

Habsy knew he'd do well and bolt

Re: Habs sign Alexander Radulov?

Apparently not.

Radulov
Galchenyuk (ok 1/2 Russian)
Sergachev
Markov
Emelin
Shipyachov?

Yikes... not a single one of them under contract with the Habs right now. :shocked:

Wow.

Basically says that Habs would have had to have paid Radulov $7.9 million annually for him to get the same take-home pay that he'll be getting in Dallas. Of course, this doesn't mean that MB couldn't have negotiated a better deal with him had he done so during the season, rather than wait until June.

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/b0bb43d2-7ff6-476f-803c-f0dfeffacd91|_0.html

I could have sworn we had this discussion on the forums, and many of the accountants here wrote there was no major difference and taxes didn't play a role in us signing players.

I could have sworn we had this discussion on the forums, and many of the accountants here wrote there was no major difference and taxes didn't play a role in us signing players.

Yeah, there is a difference and Quebec is one of the worst jurisdictions in North America when it comes to taxes.

Taxes, French, weather, media, lack of privacy, all factors keeping this team down.

That's on top of incompetent management and the complete disaster in terms of drafting and player development.

Habs one saving grace is pro scouting.

Basically says that Habs would have had to have paid Radulov $7.9 million annually for him to get the same take-home pay that he'll be getting in Dallas. Of course, this doesn't mean that MB couldn't have negotiated a better deal with him had he done so during the season, rather than wait until June.

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/b0bb43d2-7ff6-476f-803c-f0dfeffacd91|_0.html
And that is why LV will be a Cup contender within 3-5 yrs IMO. As Elliott's Friedman said had Burns not re-signed with SJS, LV was where he was headed...

Yeah, there is a difference and Quebec is one of the worst jurisdictions in North America when it comes to taxes.

Taxes, French, weather, media, lack of privacy, all factors keeping this team down.

That's on top of incompetent management and the complete disaster in terms of drafting and player development.

Habs one saving grace is pro scouting.
It's also why Jr needs to mimic the Charlie Bronfman approach after Kirk Gibson wooing was the last straw in luring UFAs for the Expos.

Go all out on drafting & player development - set the bar for salary & bonuses for scouts & development staff to lure / poach the best & brightest.

It's also why Jr needs to mimic the Charlie Bronfman approach after Kirk Gibson wooing was the last straw in luring UFAs for the Expos.

Go all out on drafting & player development - set the bar for salary & bonuses for scouts & development staff to lure / poach the best & brightest.

Nice idea. But there's not enough amateur hockey talent hiding for smart scouts to discover. There is no hockey equivalent of scouring the bushes of San Pedro or the Dominican to discover HOF talent like Vladimir Guerrero.

Pavel Datsyuk is the only example I can think of an obscure amateur gem. I could spend all day naming baseball equivalents.

Hockey is a low participation sport. Always will be.

Allan walsh says radulov would pay 25% flat tax in quebec by setting him up to live in europe after his career is over

Say what you want about walsh, but i trust an agent who does this daily for his players over guys working in hypotheticals.

Nice idea. But there's not enough amateur hockey talent hiding for smart scouts to discover. There is no hockey equivalent of scouring the bushes of San Pedro or the Dominican to discover HOF talent like Vladimir Guerrero.

Pavel Datsyuk is the only example I can think of an obscure amateur gem. I could spend all day naming baseball equivalents.

Hockey is a low participation sport. Always will be.

Surely we could use more than 2 scouts for the Q, more than 1 for Russia, more than 1 for the OHL, etc. Especially when the WHL has about 4 out there.

Back