• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who wears "C" and "A's" this season?

I'm going to pick Skinner as a dark horse for the 2nd A instead of Hainsey. He's kind of the king of the young 'uns.

I'm going to pick Skinner as a dark horse for the 2nd A instead of Hainsey. He's kind of the king of the young 'uns.
I do agree if a d-man has one "A", the second one typically goes to a forward. Not a hard fast rule obviously, but that's how i've usually seen it shake out.

McClement or Stempniak? I don't see Skinner wearing a letter anytime soon...just not his personality.

I tend to think Jordan gets the "C", Faulk gets an "A" and one of the younger forwards gets the other "A". Just not sure, maybe someone will step up.

All "A's" until someone steps forward. I suspect Faulk or Staal will take the "C" but am leaning Stall if he does not turn out to have some kind of Stall pouting gene. Hainsey with the other "A"

I must be having one of those days... I see folks posting "Jordan gets the C" and my mind goes to Michal, not Staal... and then I shudder.

captainjordan.jpg

While I tend to agree with Huna here, I expect Coach to wait awhile - like camp - to bestow the letters. It's a good bet our next Captain will have the name of Staal. And one A will be Faulk. Rask or Skinner could take the leadership role for the other A. McClement is a veteran and seems to be a leader as does Stepniak but he doesn't any history here yet.

Much depends on room dynamics as to coach's choice and timing thereof.

But I would put the C on Staal's jersey, and the A's on Faulk and "Old Man" Skinner.

Letters have more latitude from the officials and can approach their center ice huddle zone.

That's the three I want with those privileges and I think the A's have the team's respect.

Faulk's got that Team America and All-Star cred. Skinner's got the Caulder and a rookie All-Star appearance himself. Plus, he's the oldest that still is of the same age group as the crop of youngbloods.

But that's just me. Opinion that counts is Bill's.

Last edited:
And a dark horse candidate emerges.

With his rival, the former Prince of Raleigh, now banished to the northern hinterlands, Skinner stirs.

Seriously, Staal has shown NO signs he wants it. Faulk's potentially a D for O trade chip within the next couple of seasons.

Son of two attorneys, Old Man Skinner would make a pretty good leader of the New Canes.

Already a go-to post-game locker room interview. And plays with the right blend of passion and smarts...like the coaches want.

My money is on him to emerge from the pack with the C.

Yeah ... I still think you guys put WAY too much weight on those letters. Any team that gets leadership from just three or four guys is screwed.

Back