• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Predictions for the 2016-2017 Habs.

His numbers all season show that he was giving up shots and scoring chances against with alarming regularity. Thats not "fine", especially from a guy we are going to ask to be our number 1.

His numbers all season show that he was giving up shots and scoring chances against with alarming regularity. Thats not "fine", especially from a guy we are going to ask to be our number 1.

I guess the eye test versus analytics is ongoing here. I watch half of the preds games this year, especially near the latter half of the season, weber wasn't being beaten all that often.

And he was a beast on the power play.

I guess the eye test versus analytics is ongoing here. I watch half of the preds games this year, especially near the latter half of the season, weber wasn't being beaten all that often.

He is very good with the puck on his stick there is no doubting that.

I also saw a fair number of games. (Including playoffs probably 25 preds games last year).

Webers speed being an issue is noticeable.

That's what this trade will be all about: old school vs analytics...cage match.

I also saw a fair number of games. (Including playoffs probably 25 preds games last year).

U cannot discount "system" though, MTs is all about limiting the opponents speed (helping Weber's game), Laviolette's all about just get the puck back and attack without any emphasis on limiting opposition speed attack more so with Interference penalties being far less likely to be called in the playoffs vs regular season.

I watched weber play, and I guess you did as well, team like Chicago and Dallas.

Teams that are no slouches when it comes to the speed department. Nashville's top D paring was not their weak point, it was the third paring after Jones was traded.

See we can argue all day about what we saw. But at the end of the day the stats support what i saw and that is the fact that teams were getting many scoring chances with weber on the ice.

U cannot discount "system" though, MTs is all about limiting the opponents speed (helping Weber's game), Laviolette's all about just get the puck back and attack without any emphasis on limiting opposition speed attack more so with Interference penalties being far less likely to be called in the playoffs vs regular season.
And the fact is that webers decline started under a similar system with trotz

The eye test actually proves he's not as good as he was 3 years ago. I've said this like 6 times.

Aren't those stats biased by the coaches?

Laviolette is run and gun. Copernicus coaches a sqeaky-bum lock down system.

Price always needs to pitch a no-hitter coz our line-up is sub-Mendoza line quality in terms of offence.

The PP last year was shocking.

Back