• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Predictions for the 2016-2017 Habs.

Pleks is probably the second line center on most teams, no?
With Galchenyuk emerging the centre depth of this team is better than the 2010 and 2014 teams which both made the conf finals. So i dont see how our current centres are too weak to win more than 1 round

So an aging regressing d-man that no one on the team knows (Weber) and the quietest guy on the team (Price)? Interesting....

Either Subban or Gallagher should be the C.

Weber is 30........30 years old......Pronger, Niedermeyer, Chara, Markov, etc all played awesome hockey well until 35.....I think these next few years will be amongst Weber's best, as he now has experience to go with talent (Subban still has lots to learn in the experience department). And he now has Price behind him....nothing against Rinne, but Price is Price.

Weber is 30........30 years old......Pronger, Niedermeyer, Chara, Markov, etc all played awesome hockey well until 35.....I think these next few years will be amongst Weber's best, as he now has experience to go with talent (Subban still has lots to learn in the experience department). And he now has Price behind him....nothing against Rinne, but Price is Price.

31, but your point is still valid.

I just hope weber finds a way to fix our power kill.

People age differently.

If the past 2 years and specifically last years playoffs mean anything, it looks like Weber is aging poorly. Probably one of the reasons Nashville was fine with letting him go.

People age differently.

If the past 2 years and specifically last years playoffs mean anything, it looks like Weber is aging poorly. Probably one of the reasons Nashville was fine with letting him go.

Weber being chosen for the world cup says it all. His play is still great. I know the love for PK here is beyond great, but he was not chosen. Seriously there has got to be a reason for this.

If you fixate on his last game, we traded Subban for Tom Gilbert. The media loves to look at an athlete who turns 30 and speculate "is it over" after a bad game. I don't expect that to be the case with Weber.

Having said that, my only prediction for 2016-17 is Subban wins the Norris.

If you fixate on his last game, we traded Subban for Tom Gilbert. The media loves to look at an athlete who turns 30 and speculate "is it over" after a bad game. I don't expect that to be the case with Weber.

When people decide to ignore things they don't understand like aggregates and advanced metrics (basically overall stats and performance), you try different approaches. Many fans live on a game to game basis.

The 2016 playoffs are just easier for some people to understand, and their is visual evidence for them. It's not just numbers.

Bold or vindictive?

my bold prediction for Habs is Radulov finishes among the top 5 in NHL scoring.

Al Montoya compiles a .930 save percentage backing up Price.

Back