• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Predictions for the 2016-2017 Habs.

Altair

ESPN has the Habs as the 7th best team next year with a healthy Price in net.

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/rankings?pollId=1000&week=-1

I think the Habs do better than that with a healthy Price, 2nd in the division and top 5 league wide with healthy Yoda Price.

If price only plays 41 games Habs are 4th in division and in a wildcard spot.

If price plays 15 or less we are bottom 5 in the league second worst in division. Montoya won't save us

Further to the above from Chris Boucher of sportlogiq:

- Only 10 teams gave up fewer inner-slot shots against at even strength (ES) than the Habs (good thing), but no team had a lower inner-slot save %

- only 8 NHL goalies had a lower inner-slot save % than Condon last season & only 2-goalies had an I-S save % higher than Price

I'll save my prediction till start of the season, I'm expecting MB will acquire another top-6 forward and upgrade top-4 Dman.

- Only 10 teams gave up fewer inner-slot shots against at even strength (ES) than the Habs (good thing), but no team had a lower inner-slot save %

- only 8 NHL goalies had a lower inner-slot save % than Condon last season & only 2-goalies had an I-S save % higher than Price

I'll save my prediction till start of the season, I'm expecting MB will acquire another top-6 forward and upgrade top-4 Dman.

No chance.

I'm not expecting it but that's what we need. However I expect him to let the kids compete for those spots.

I see Max having a big year (he better, they traded Subban mostly because of him).

Habs make the ECF....and who knows where they go from there.

All this assuming Price has a big year also....and Radulov clicks with the team.

A lot of ''if'', but that's the same with any team. The top players gotta stay healthy and produce...same with Tampa, Chicago, etc

Knife fight to the death for the second wild card spot and out in the first round in five games.

Knife fight to the death for the second wild card spot and out in the first round in five games.

Wow....if that's what ends up happening, then trade Price-Max next summer for a king's ransom and rebuild please.....there's no point in continuing until we lose Price-Max to UFA

If Price stays healthy the Habs are finishing second in the East. You heard it here first.

First or second in the East. We are much better than last year imo. No Condon makes a big difference

Back