• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Classy Stuff From Phil

Michael Grange accused Kessel of rubbing the cup in people's faces by bringing it here. The guy brought it to sick Kids. These media guys are unbelievable.

Michael Grange accused Kessel of rubbing the cup in people's faces by bringing it here. The guy brought it to sick Kids. These media guys are unbelievable.

It's sad. They just can't let it go, even after Phil embarassed the lot of them in the Cup run.

Kessel's a cancer survivor, of course he maintained ties with Sick Kids. At least we know who Grange is...an idiot.

Kessel has a charity he supports here that he told point blank they were not to tell anyone he was helping them...unlike some celebs who "leak," their appearances to the press.

Really shitty attitude coming from Grange there. He can be a bit of a sourpuss on the best of days, but petty doesn't even begin to describe that position. And even if Kessel's visit had an element of schadenfreude to it, so the **** what? The media shouldn't have tortured him constantly while he was a Leaf.

Good on Phil for such a classy gesture. I'm sure the kids had an absolute blast seeing the Stanley Cup up close.

I don't think Kessel has enough guile in his personality to conceive of bringing the Cup back here as a "F*ck-you" gesture. He seems like a pretty genuine person, and I don't really have any doubt that he's telling the truth when he says that he brought the Cup back here because he's got a lot of friends here.

And to bring it to Sick Kids was an amazing move on his part, no matter how you slice it. You'd have to be a pretty bitter, miserable human being to throw cold water on that.

Back