• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Looking beyond the "Trade," what's still be done?

Re: Looking beyond the "Trade," what's still to be done?

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Subban's hockey IQ is low, but it could certainly stand to be a lot higher considering how much he's being paid. The knock against him is that his hockey IQ does not appear to have improved much since his career began but it was never low the way Eller's is.

Subban has always been guilty of trying to do too much....in a sense is that aspect considered part of a players hockey IQ?

Personally, I think it has to do with a hockey players IQ...knowing when to be agressive and knowing when to not be.

This is turn may be a reason why such a talented dman just doesnt get respect when it comes time to bein the top six of hockey Canada

Kind of not really worth pointing out though. That hospital now has $10M it wouldn't have if not for PK.

PK's time is worth a lot of money... he could be using it to make more money for himself. Instead he's using it to earn money for sick kids... and guaranteeing them $10M. It's a great thing to do. Full stop.
And you don't think the hospital getting money is PK marketing? Don't fool yourself, the publicity he's received off it will fill his coffers too.

Kind of not really worth pointing out though. That hospital now has $10M it wouldn't have if not for PK.

PK's time is worth a lot of money... he could be using it to make more money for himself. Instead he's using it to earn money for sick kids... and guaranteeing them $10M. It's a great thing to do. Full stop.

Weber will donate more....

It is appalling to me that anyone could shit on PK for getting a hospital $10m. Who else has done this?

It's also amazing that people seem to think that he just convinced people to direct the $10m to the hospital and he washed his hands, job done. The guy visits the hospital with regularity and knows patients on a 1ST NAME BASIS.

Canadiens Foundation
Canadian Tire Jump Start Program
Breast Cancer Society
Kids Wish
Salvation Army

He volunteers his time with other people’s charities as well (Ray Bourque, Snoop Dog...). When he donates his time it’s more than a photo op, he will dress up like an old man, get involved, he genuinely cares and the people he has helped will attest to this.

If you think he was too high risk on the ice, or you think that he was a distraction in the room, or tough to coach. I can buy that, especially because I don’t have all of the behind the scenes information. But please don’t try and sell me this SHIT that he only donated his time and money for HIMSELF. It’s a fcuking JOKE!

The question people should be asking is “Why don’t more people follow PK’s example?” instead of “Why is PK trying to hog the spotlight?”

Who said that? The fact remains that the publicity does benefit PK also. I never said that's why he did it. Unless your talking about another post, you didn't quote anyone.

Pointing out that it isn't all his money, or that he doesn't somehow benefit from his charity work cheapens the sentiment. I don't get why anyone would bother.

He is a player helping people when some guys are out being charged for rape, assault, or taking their fat pay cheque to vacation in the caymans or buy a third home in south Florida.

I have all the time in the world for what PK has done in the community. Shining example.

Pointing out that it isn't all his money, or that he doesn't somehow benefit from his charity work cheapens the sentiment. I don't get why anyone would bother.

He is a player helping people when some guys are out being charged for rape, assault, or taking their fat pay cheque to vacation in the caymans or buy a third home in south Florida.

I have all the time in the world for what PK has done in the community. Shining example.

I agree. From the day the donation was announced there were people pointing out that it wasn't actually PK scratching out a cheque for $10 million but only a pledge to raise the money, yada, yada, yada. It doesn't matter because like someone already said, it's $10 million the hospital wouldn't have if not for PK.

My issue is with the way the pledge was sprung on the organization as a fait accompli, and that Subban chose to do it separate from his team affiliation. Even if a player has a foundation in his name the team should still be involved or at the very least informed ahead of time. But PK likes to make a splash.

I'm also noticing now, when I go back and look at all of Subban's other publicity stunts that went viral on social media, that it's just him. The fact that he was a Hab was merely incidental. It was all him acting on his own. That's great for your personal brand but it doesn't say much about your relationship with your team.

But again, we're wasting bandwidth on this deal. It's over with. It's time to look ahead, not behind.

In case of Subban as someone who defended him a lot, he will be 28 soon and at some point you need to assume leadership, when you are paid 9M a year is not only about points. As Sal said, some of costly mistakes in crucial moments in game which happened over and over was one of the reason of his trade beside many others maybe. I understand he is offensive D and when you take risk you does mistakes but repeating same kind of mistakes, several times in crucial moments was frustrating to watch, i could deal with it because i simply love the guy but apparently management couldn't.

In case of Subban as someone who defended him a lot, he will be 28 soon and at some point you need to assume leadership, when you are paid 9M a year is not only about points. As Sal said, some of costly mistakes in crucial moments in game which happened over and over was one of the reason of his trade beside many others maybe. I understand he is offensive D and when you take risk you does mistakes but repeating same kind of mistakes, several times in crucial moments was frustrating to watch, i could deal with it because i simply love the guy but apparently management couldn't.

Same thing could be said about Markov and Max last year.

Back