• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Looking beyond the "Trade," what's still be done?

Krustchev

Looking beyond the "Trade," what's still to be done?

Still not a fan of the nos. 2 and 3 centers on this team. I think it's hard to win the Cup, if not impossible, when you're this weak down the middle (after 27).

Last edited:
I don't get the feel GMMBs done - I'm expecting another wave of big NHL moves, so perhaps it drags on till training camp...there just maybe a game of chicken going on right now, waiting for prices to drop.

Shipachov and Dman upgrade (Fowler?) would satisfy me...

Is it possible Markov gets dealt? No idea what the market value is, but could a team like the Avs go for him, and is there some Markov + prospects and picks deal to be had that involves Landeskog coming the Habs way?

Last edited:
who is out there for UFas still? any decent players that will take under 1 mill deals?

I am fine with pleks as the number 2.

But having Chuck and two number 2 Cs after him would be nice.

Top pairing left D is my biggest concern right now. Second is an upgrade to center. I'd be very happy with Fowler and Shipachov.

who is out there for UFas still? any decent players that will take under 1 mill deals?

I am fine with pleks as the number 2.

But having Chuck and two number 2 Cs after him would be nice.

Shaw can also play center, he's not a #2 C but can be a decent 3rd.

The asking for Fowler is ridiculously high. I doubt he's moved before the deadline.

Shipyachov is whoring himself around the league. He's been linked to a dozen teams already.

Pleks is fine as a number LEGIT #2. I think people are forgetting just how good Galchenyuk was last season. We shouldn't have to worry about Pleks playing with Max/BG anymore. Although, I guess you never know what MT will do.

With that said, I think we're done this off-season. I don't expect anything else.

The asking for Fowler is ridiculously high. I doubt he's moved before the deadline.

Shipyachov is whoring himself around the league. He's been linked to a dozen teams already.
I thought I read somewhere that the Habs were officially out of the Shipyachov sweepstakes.

Pleks is fine as a number LEGIT #2. I think people are forgetting just how good Galchenyuk was last season. We shouldn't have to worry about Pleks playing with Max/BG anymore. Although, I guess you never know what MT will do.

With that said, I think we're done this off-season. I don't expect anything else.

nothing wrong with Pleks until the war begins in April , he will put up his 50 points but is rarely a factor when you need to rely on him

I don't get the feel GMMBs done - I'm expecting another wave of big NHL moves, so perhaps it drags on till training camp...there just maybe a game of chicken going on right now, waiting for prices to drop.

Shipachov and Dman upgrade (Fowler?) would satisfy me...

Is it possible Markov gets dealt? No idea what the market value is, but could a team like the Avs go for him, and is there some Markov + prospects and picks deal to be had that involves Landeskog coming the Habs way?

Agreed , I see another big move coming just not your scraps for my boy Landeskog .

My buddy in California mentioned hearing this one on some outlet , I dont have a source just a rumour that will never happen.

Max, Nate and Zven for Silverberg , Fowler and Ritchie .

Letting Muller actually coach the team and Therrien to do the press interviews and pretend that he's in charge.

Agreed , I see another big move coming just not your scraps for my boy Landeskog .

My buddy in California mentioned hearing this one on some outlet , I dont have a source just a rumour that will never happen.

Max, Nate and Zven for Silverberg , Fowler and Ritchie .

So, you want the Habs to get worse?

Re: Looking beyond the "Trade," what's still to be done?

We've already had our most active summer in decades. Wouldn't expect us to do anything more. We'll be rumoured for Ship or Vesey, but they'll pick some other team. Maybe someone comes in as a tryout for a winger spot, but that's about it.

I get the feeling that the next shoe to drop will be Jimmy Vesey. Teams waiting on that decision

We've already had our most active summer in decades. Wouldn't expect us to do anything more. We'll be rumoured for Ship or Vesey, but they'll pick some other team. Maybe someone comes in as a tryout for a winger spot, but that's about it.

We were more active in the summer of 2009.

Back